Twenty Two

3rd person POV:

Hayley is alone in the shack, zip-tied to a fire stove, when Tyler walks in and joins her. 

"Tyler, there's been a wolf watching me lately. Protecting me, like it instinctively knows that I'm part of it's pack." She pauses for a moment. "You're a hybrid, you can turn into a wolf whenever you want... Was it you?" The brunette asked.

"No, but you're right-- only hybrids can control when they change. And I'm the only one left, besides Klaus. Which is why we're here," Tyler said.

"Whatever you think you're doing, you know that whole Original family has made some sort of pact, or something, to keep me and the baby safe. So, if you hurt me, they'll kill you," Hayley wrns. 

"What makes you think I'm afraid to die?" Tyler asked. Dwayne walks into the shack and joins them. "You ready for this?"

"Let's do it," Dwayne said nodding. Tyler digs in a bag and draws out a large syringe, and Hayley's eyes widen in fear.

"What are you doing?" Hayley asked. Dwayne walks over and holds Hayley down. Tyler crouches down in front of her.

"Tyler, please. NO! Tyler!" Hayley protests.

"Klaus destroyed everything good in my life! So, I'm gonna take away the thing he wants most!" Tyler exclaimed. 

"No, please! Tyler, please!" Hayley begs, but the hybrid doesn't listen. Tyler jams the syringe into Hayley's stomach and draws out a measure of her blood. Hayley screams in pain. Once he removes the syringe from her body, he jams it into Dwayne's neck, injects the blood into him, and snaps his neck as Hayley watches in horror.

***

Amelia knew something was wrong before they had even stepped foot into the Bayou. Hayley wouldn't willingly come out here, would she? She was walking behind the Mikaelson brothers thinking over her choices in the past few days. She thought about the kiss she shared with Nik, and felt guilty. She wasn't ready to be with him in that way, so why had she done it? She knew that he would just assume everything was fine, but it wasn't. Amelia wasn't about to just run back into his arms. A scream echoed through the woods, and Amelia's head snapped towards the direction it has come from. 

"That was Hayley," the redhead cried. She pushed past the two boys but was stopped by a hand on her wrist. 

"Amelia, go back to the mansion," Klaus said. Amelia glared at him and ripped her wrist from his grasp. 

"Why the hell would I do that?" She asked. 

"Because I don't want you to get hurt," the hybrid replied. 

"I don't care what you want, you don't control me," Amelia said. She spun around on her heel and followed after Elijah who had left the two in search of Hayley.

***

Tyler angrily continues to look for Hayley, who had escaped, in various tents.

"HAYLEY! Don't make this harder than it has to be! Give up now... I'll end it quick," Tyler shouts. Klaus appears behind him.

"Quite an offer! Though, not one I'll be extending to you," Klaus said.

"Klaus," Tyler said, bracing himself for a fight. As much as he hated to admit it, the Original terrified him. 

"Hello, Tyler. You look well! I aim to change that. Threatening a pregnant girl in order to exact revenge against me? I never expected you to sink so low!" He started walking towards the dark haired man. "I admit, I'm impressed!" Tyler ducks away from Klaus and puts more distance between them.