Epilogue: The Taste Of Victory

"Sit still" Akaashi commanded.

"I can't! I'm too nervous" Bokuto wailed, shuffling around in the chair.

It was a flattering black leather and comfy enough, but he was still wiggling with relentless energy.

Sighing, Akaashi dragged away the needle of the tattoo gun and leaned back.

Bokuto swiveled in his chair and gave him an apologetic look.

"I get anxiety when I can't see your face" Bokuto jutted out his bottom lip and looked up at him with starry eyes.

"Well I technically can't tattoo the back of your neck from the front now can I?" Akaashi cocked an eyebrow, folding his arms.

"Haha, you puss- Ahck!" Kuroo groaned from the next chair over, hand flying to cover his ear as it was pierced.

"You also need to sit still". A slender woman with feather tattoos under each collar bone stood back.

Her black ponytail whipped around as she turned to get the next piercing. Her charcoal racer singlet revealed black flame tattoos creeping up her back.

"Kiyoko, I thought you were supposed to be the nice manager, what happened" Kuroo seethed through his teeth.

"That was two years ago, and I don't ever recall being nice to you" Kiyoko deadpanned.

Kuroo dragged the handheld mirror from the table to peer into, angling to the side to get a better gander.

It was a simple black and round, taking up the space of his lobe.

"Hey y'know how you pierce one of your ears and one of them is considered the gay ear. Which one is that again?" he mused, fiddling with the piercing between his two fingers.

Kiyoko slapped his hand away from it and placed an alcohol wipe in his grasp.

"I believe it was the right side" Akaashi noted, placing the gun down to pick up a slip of paper with a design on it.

"Ah shit" Kuroo huffed as he peered at his right ear, looking stingy and red.

"Luckily i'm getting both of them pierced, aha".

"I'll pay you 100 bucks not to do the second one" Kenma looked up from playing his nintendo in the waiting chair to give Kiyoko a dead serious look.

"Hey now, do that and i'll leave you a bad yelp review" Kuroo pointed at Kiyoko, who looked thoroughly done.

"What a dire situation" she muttered sarcastically before moving it to his next ear.

Akaashi studied the slip of paper with the design on it. His design to be exact.

It was the backside of a great horned owl, wings spread up and out with luscious long detailed wings.

He had designed it a few weeks prior when Bokuto had finally decided on what he wanted.

He was going to tattoo it right on the nape of his neck, wings following the straight lines of his hair, going up in a wide V.

Admittedly, he had spent a little too much time on it, even though Bokuto insisted anything Akaashi created would be beautiful.

He couldn't have anything less than perfection. Especially since it was also going to show up on Akaashis own neck, permanent for both of them.

"God damn it" Kuroo hissed.

Akaashi peered up to see Kuroo huffing as Kiyoko laid the equipment to the side.

It wasn't a massive shop, but decent enough. The floors were checkered black and white, walls filled with tattoo designs and artists works. Large windows at the front of the shop let in floods of bright light.