i m p o r t a n t

Trigger warning at bottom.

long description:

Everyone warns you about boys who go looking for troubles, who have bruised knuckles and split lips, whose eyes are so dark that it seems like they could swallow oceans and come out alive, about the boys who look like danger, but no one warns about boys who stay silent for way too long, or ones with rings under their eyes, boys with sad eyes and boys who whisper things so sweet, so quietly that you wonder if he was an angel.

Everyone warns you about the bad boys, but no one seems to warn you about the broken ones.

This is a warning about all the broken boys out there, a warning about love:

Broken boys are not beautiful because shattered glass isn't artwork, its dangerous. When you pick up the remains of their tattered soul you cut your hand trying to stop it from falling apart all over again, and the pain doesn't last long but they remembered what the blood looked like dripping down your arm for days.

You have to be careful, broken boys are bombs that are constantly about to go off, broken boys never know what it's going to take before they finally explode.

If you aren't careful, they could end you, but if you play your cards right and find a broken boy whose heart isn't crushed so much that they cannot love, the one boy so full of passion for anything but life, you will have found someone that will be there for you for eternity.

When you become friends with them, you can't break down the walls they have around their heart. Don't do it. You can't demand to know their pain by causing more. You don't earn trust by breaking it, you earn it by being patient.

When they talk to you about the things they love for the first time, stay silent. They're scared to be judged, and they are scared to mess up.

Be gentle when replying.

They aren't used to such care, so you have to be patient when you show them how much they deserve good things.

And when that broken boy finds someone who he can love more than anything— this is another warning— he will do whatever it takes to protect them from the world.

Anything, even if it means destroying himself all over again to protect them.

Be scared of broken boys who have been to hell and would do so again for their loved one.

Bar Red was a broken boy who finally finds someone to help mend his scattered pieces.

Everyone saw him as the untrustworthy, unstable beast who was more than willing to punch anyone's face in—which he was, but only for good reasons.

Swear words and bad habits mixed with smirks and wicked grins are enough to ward anyone off.

But, apparently for Clementine Astoria, that's exactly what pulls her in.

She has no clue what she's getting into but she's about to find out. She wasn't innocent, not by far, but she had dignity, a warm aura, niceness, and stubbornness that could rival a mule.

Mix that with Bar's possessiveness and overprotective behavior, some interesting situations will definitely arise.

Adding in the fact that Clementine had to tutor Bar for the rest of the school year remain in the position for valedictorian and his almost instinctual urge to be apart of her life, they are bound to get close.

Bar swears, Clementine hates it.
He fights, she glares while bandaging up his knuckles.
She reads instead of eats and he refuses dinner until she joins him.
He is rude and she ignores him until he apologizes.

Both, easily, frustrate the other while simultaneously falling into love.

Broken boys are the only ones that can fix themselves so will this broken boy manage to do so before he drives away the one girl who wiggled her way past every barrier?

This is the story of a broken bad boy clashing with the sad good girl.

It's far from cliche, enjoy.

Also, all other languages inside of the book (mostly French, Italian, Spanish) are coming directly from my education and from translators. I'm sorry if any or incorrect or if there's any errors! All translations will be in the comments.

And Clemetine's stutter is an actual stutter.

She messes up or can't speak because of it and words don't fit in her mouth correctly sometimes. When she gets too enthusiastic or her thoughts get too jumbled it can get difficult for her to speak. Please be patient with her, I know her stutter might get a little frustrating.

There's mature themes, beware.

That includes:
• Sex (and innuendos or sexual conversations)
• Self harm and talks about it
• Mentions of suicide
• Depictions of abuse (mental, emotion, verbal, and physical)
• Violence, swearing, and slurs
• Depression and other mental illnesses
• Intrusive thoughts
• Mentions of kidnapping and torture

There will NOT be any trigger warnings before the chapters unless someone asked me to put them up or I feel as though there is heavy enough depictions that entitled it.

This book, despite all that, is full of fluff and softness and kiness. It teaches self-love and vulnerability and how two people found each other in a fucked up world.

Love you all, stay safe.

-steslara

Book #1 in the Red series