~Prologue Part 1~

"Nora! We have to get out of here! It's too dangerous!" A woman's voice was yelling at another, who was hurriedly throwing things in a bag.

      "Take her! You're the only one who can protect her now. Keep her safe, please!" the woman, known as Nora, insisted. She handed her the bag that had food and clothing. People outside were banging on the door, trying to get it open.

      "These stormtroopers will find her! If you don't get her out of here, my daughter and yours will be in danger! Palpatine is looking for them, we have to hide them!" Nora shouted. The woman was scared but nodded her head. Nora looked down at her 6-year-old girl in her sister's arms and kissed her forehead.

      "Stay safe, my Y/N," Nora stated. The girl was scared but hugged her mom. Nora took the necklace off from around her neck and placed it around Y/N. It was a silver and f/c necklace shaped like the yin-yang but the silver had decorations on it and wasn't filled in. Nora kissed Y/N's forehead once more and the woman immediately ran out of the back door and into the forest, escaping the dangers. She jumped into a ship that her husband was controlling and he started the engines. They left the planet of Tatooine and zoom into hyperspace.

      "Where's Y/N?" The man asked.

     "She's safe," The woman replied. 

     "And Rey?" He wondered.

     "She's safe too, don't worry," She assured him.

     "And Nora?" He questioned her once more.

     "No longer with us," She stated. The couple talked for a while in the control room of their ship while little Y/N was sleeping in another room. Rey, a 7-year-old girl, was walking around the ship and looking for something to play with. She spotted her cousin, Y/N, and ran up to her. She gently started poking her awake.

     "Psst! Are you up?" Rey whispered.

     "Mhm," Y/N mumbled. The girl sat up tiredly from the bed and looked at Rey.

     "Mind if I join ya?" Rey wondered. Y/N shook her head and moved a bit to make space for Rey to sit. Rey jumped on the bed to join her cousin and the two began to play with dolls that Rey had found in a chest.

     "Rey? Y/N? Come on you two. I have some people I want you to meet," Rey's mother commanded them after about half an hour of playing. The shuttle exited hyperspace, and a large blue and green planet appeared in front of the ship. The shuttle flew into the atmosphere, passed through clouds, and then a large base came into view.

     The shuttle itself parked itself on a landing pad and shifted a bit. Rey's mother pressed a button at the entrance and exit of the shuttle and the door began to open. It became a ramp and touched the floor, a 'fshh' noise erupted. The two girls followed the woman to the ramp and onto the base. The sudden colors of the planet made the girls' eyes need to adjust.

     There were lots of people on the base, running or walking around toward other groups of people or ships and shuttles.

     "What planet are we on mommy?" Rey asked, holding Y/N and her mother's hand.

     "We're on D-Qar," Her mom replied. The two girls kept walking until they entered the main building of the base. Another woman walked up to the group. She had brown hair placed in a braid-like wrap and was wearing a polo shirt tucked into brown pants. A man, taller than her, with dark brown hair, a long sleeve shirt with a brown vest, and black pants, followed her to the group. The trio talked amongst themselves for a few minutes. A small boy, about Rey's age, maybe older, appeared behind the couple.

     "Leia! Han! It's great to see you two again," Rey's mother told them.

     "And it's great to see you as well! But I can tell you need something, and fast," Leia stated. The woman nodded her head and they walk off somewhere different to talk. The man crouches down to his knees so he was at the children's height. He started introducing both the girls to the boy that was behind him the whole time.

     "Hello, again little Rey. And it's nice to meet you, Y/N," He said.

     "Nice to meet you," Y/N replied shyly.

     "I have someone I want you girls to meet. This is Ben, my son. He's a little older than you, Rey, and maybe the three of you can hang around and let the grown-ups here talk, alright?" He suggested.

     The girls nod their heads and the man left them to be, trying to find his wife. The children stared awkwardly at one another, but after a while, they grow comfortable with each other and started to play.

     The sun was starting to set on D-Qar, meaning the day was almost over. Leia and the woman were done talking. They say goodbye and walk back to the ship. When they left, Ben couldn't stop talking about how much fun it was playing with them. Leia was so happy while Han... well he was just Han.

     Rey's parents talked a bit more about what they should do about the girls' protection, so they plan to go visit Luke Skywalker. He was on the planet Yavin 4, starting to build the Jedi Training Academy. They parked their ship at an open spot in the forest, and Rey's mother took Y/N to a stone building where Luke was meditating.

     Rey's mother cleared her throat, trying to get Luke's attention and not wanting to be rude. Luke opened one eye, saw the pair, and then stood up, puzzled.

     "What are you doing here?" Luke questioned, seeing only Rey's mother and Y/N. "And where's Nora?"

     "Nora is no longer with us, and I'm here because of Y/N," Rey's mother stated, motioning to the girl. Y/N looked up at her, confused about what was happening, and who this man was.

     "What are you doing here with Y/N, then?" Luke glanced at the girl, then back to the woman.

     "I visited your sister Leia about our predicament. Palpatine is looking for the girls. I discussed this with my husband, and her, and am hoping to drop off Y/N in your care. I heard you are starting the next generation of Jedi," She says.

     "That's correct. If you don't mind, though, I would like to test Y/N first before she can join this school," Luke took a step toward the girl, waiting for confirmation. She nodded her head and lightly pushed Y/N his way. Luke bent down to her level and rose his hand toward her forehead. Y/N was confounded but just stood in place.

     "From what I can see, if she stays with you she will die. If she were to stay with me, she will go through a lot of conflict in her life," Luke continued, eyes closed and looking into her mind. "Y/N is strong in the force, I can sense it, and she will not inherit Palpatine's power. However, your daughter will."

     "I have to hide her then," She says. Luke nods and stands back up.

     "I'll take care of Y/N. She will be trained to be a Jedi, a great one at that," Luke smiled warmly.

     "Thank you, Luke," The woman stated. She bent down to give one last hug to Y/N, then walked out of the stone house and back to the ship.

     "Will I really be a Jedi?" Y/N asked, looking up at Luke.

     "Yes you will Y/N, yes you will," Luke smiled. The two exited the stone house, seeing the ship ready to take off. The two waved at the ship that was about to leave. Inside, Rey was waving to her cousin and Luke.

     The ship then flies away from the planet, and its next destination? Jakku...