~Chapter 1~

A/N: That's my OC for Star Wars that is originally in this storyline! I did the artwork for her and this is what it came out too! Just imagine this as your character looking out at the Jakku sunset! Thank you!

.~.~.~.~.~.~.14 years later - Present Time ~.~.~.~.~.

     "Ugh! Hauling this stuff everywhere is doing me no good whatsoever! All I get is a one-quarter portion for every piece I get this guy!" I holler out loud to myself. I continue hauling my load toward the trader.

     Once I'm done trading with him, all I had for food was... one-quarter portion. Yippee! I start to believe he doesn't like me, but he does the same to Rey. Maybe he just doesn't like us?

     I decide to head back home and make dinner for tonight. I'm walking through the sand till I see something shiny buried in it. I bend down and pick it up.

     "No way! These things are rare to get here in Jakku!" I mutter excitedly to myself.

     What I see engraved on the medal is a pilot badge. It's used so that you can get an aircraft and leave the planet without any troubles. It doesn't matter which planet either!

     I stuff it in my jacket and continue my journey back home.

     Trekking through the neverending sand, I finally arrive at my house. It's a concrete igloo design, but once you enter, there's a staircase downstairs to a couple more rooms. It's small, but it's home!

     I set down all my belongings on the table once I enter. O take off my jacket, noticing a few holes through the material.

     "I'll fix that later," I mutter, hanging it on a coat rack next to the table.

     I walk down the stairs to a small countertop kitchen and a chair and table. My bed and a nightstand are across the kitchen, and a clear window ceiling above it as well.

     I grab the portion I earned from my pants pocket and unwrap it, falling onto a plate. I grab a bag of powder from the cabinet, pour it into a bowl, and give it some water. I wait for the bread to rise seconds later, grabbing that and my other plate.

     I walk back up the stairs, grab my com and lightsaber, and kick open the door. I boot up a chair just outside my door and sit down. I start to eat my food while watching the sunset of the two suns in the distance.

     I eat the last bit of the food on my plate, then set it down on the dirt ground covering this entire planet. I lean my head back on the side of my house, taking deep breaths, closing my eyes, and trying to meditate as Master Luke taught me.

     After a few minutes, I open my eyes, tilting my head to the side where my lightsaber is laid. A sudden rush of adrenaline comes over me, and I grab the weapon. Quickly standing up, I look ahead at the two suns and begin running toward them like I'm going to meet up and touch them. I ignite the lightsaber while running and start doing maneuvers. The overwhelming memories of sparring with Ben begin to come over me.

     "I can't believe you did what you did," I grumble, imagining the new him in front of me and beginning to fight the image.

     Even though he used to be my friend, I'm not going to defend him for betraying everyone. Besides, it's so much fun to have this time for myself, even if I'm alone the majority of the time.

     Time begins to pass, the orange and yellow sky turning to purple and pink, and the suns have gone. I'm not sure how long I've been waving my weapon around, but I somehow end up on the sand floor, breathing heavily.

     I faint, and a bit distorted voice is heard from my pants pocket. I grab the comlink quickly, hearing the voice.

     "Y/N? ... Y/N!" Rey calls out from the com, her voice growing clearer.

     "I'm here," I press the button, answering her call.

     "Hey, sorry, but I can't come over for our meetup. I just got some news from the town over in the north," She states.

     I jolt up, seeing a bright light in the distance. My vision clears, and that light is a large explosion.

     "What the hell was that!?" I thought out loud.

     "What?" Rey asks, cut off from her sentence.

     "Uh, nothing," I answer quickly. "So what's this news?"

     "There was an attack there from the First Order. Right now we're on high stakes, so I'm staying home," Rey elaborates.

     I stand up, setting my lightsaber in my leather belt and retracing my steps to walk back home. No way am I running into danger after seeing that explosion.

     "Alright, I'm heading back home right now so, I'll see you tomorrow," I reply. We both say our goodbyes and then cut off the communication.

     I begin to run in the opposite direction of the explosion, back home. Once I see my little igloo house, I open the door, lock it behind me, then tread down the stairs to my bed.

     The last thing I see before I fall asleep is the black sky and dotted white orbs of the galaxy, the only thing separating us being my window ceiling above my bed.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

>! Bam !<

     I jolt awake, ending up falling off of my bed.

     "What the hell was that-," I mutter. That explosion-like sound is way too close to my house. I crawl back on top of my bed, looking up at the ceiling window. Nothing except the peaceful vast galaxy is seen.

     I decide I should check out what that loud bang is anyways, that way my mind will be put to rest if it's nothing major. I run up the staircase, grabbing my jacket, comlink, goggles, and lightsaber spread out on the table. I decide to bring my bag as well, stuffing almost everything in there along with other necessities I might need.

     "I wonder if that raid from the north had anything to do with that noise," I sigh, more like an annoying grumble.

     I open the door of my house and see a ship flying, more like falling, through the atmosphere. The loud sound must've come from that ship when it broke through the atmosphere. I decide it's worth a shot to check out the ship, and if it's possible, I can scavenge it for parts. I close my door before running full speed to the crash, seeing smoke in the distance. A large sand hill blocks my vision further, and I begin to climb it, crouching just in case.

     I crawl to the top of the hill, now flat on my stomach, and grab my goggles from around my neck. I strap it around my head, adjusting them so I can see ahead of me in this black desert night.

     The green night vision of the goggles clears my eyesight, unfolding the wreckage in front of me. It looks to be half of a TIE-Fighter, only one seat still inside, the wings half broken, and a figure crawling then standing up from the wreckage.

     There's no armor on him, but considering the odds that this is a TIE-Fighter spaceship, this person can only be one thing.

     "Stormtrooper," I mumble. I grab my light-saber from my belt, stand up sneakily, and run toward the figure. A few feet away from them, I press the button on my weapon, and the bright green glow lights up the wreckage. I grip the handle with both my hands, ready to attack.

     "Woah woah woah! It's ok! It's ok! I'm an ally!" A masculine voice declares, hands shooting up.

     "How can I trust you? You just came out of a First Order ship!" I yell at him, raising my weapon. I still can't see his face, but I don't trust this. "How can I actually trust you being good when you're in an enemy ship?!"

     "I'm Poe Dameron of the Rebel Alliance! You can trust me! Just lower your weapon and I'll tell you why I'm here!" His voice is slightly raised but lowers to try and make peace.

     "You're with the Resistance?" I repeat.