|47|

It must be a joke.

It is unbelievable for one Jennie Kim to be up and awake before the sun has risen. Let alone be chirpy while Jisoo's the one asking for more time to sleep. That's a known fact.

Jisoo finds herself rubbing her still drooping eyes as excitement practically radiates from the other girl. Beside her, Jennie is all smiles and if not for the way she holds onto Jisoo's hand, the older girl would need more than a jacket and one blanket to survive the cold twilight. It can't be long now for the crack of dawn.

"I hope your spontaneous urges don't freeze us to death."

"Stop being a baby, Jisoo. Here." Jennie opened her arms which automatically has Jisoo falling into before she continued saying, "come here."

It's so easy to settle back and be wrapped by the younger girl's arms. It's so easy to nuzzle her head against the crook of her neck and elicit dopey smiles. It's so easy to fall in love with Jennie when she makes Jisoo feel safe not with just her body fitting hers perfectly but even with just a chaste kiss on her temple. It's so easy, and Jisoo has been indulging herself with continuous thoughts, to imagine a life where they become each other's family. If any of last night's events where Jennie gets along and is loved by the most important people in Jisoo's life is anything to go by... she'd want all of it.

It's unquestionable and she's probably just humoring the younger girl but the answer is quite obvious at this point once Jennie pops the question.

"Entertain me." Jisoo said in a low voice.

"I'm not sure what you want me to do but let's not make out right now." Jennie earned a look of disbelief which had her giggling. "We'll miss the sunrise."

"I won't jump on you. I have self-control. I don't know what got into your head to think I'm proposing for a make out session but I am not one of those girls."

"Then what are you?"

"Hm... someone who values meaningful conversations, how your eyes light up every time and how your smiles get bigger and bigger whenever you talk, Jennie."

The younger girl rewarded her with a peck just enough to jolt her awake. She smiled at her as she tucked her hair behind her ear. The sensations might be contributing a lot but Jisoo just wants to feel, to be touched and to be loved by one Jennie Kim so much that she nearly missed the words she chose to share.

"Doctor Sung said I should try seeing the sunrise, check out that kind of view because it's... invigorating." She said the last word with such impersonation that Jisoo can't help but laugh. "I've been learning a lot from her and about myself too."

Jisoo hummed as they stared at the vast sky, dawn slowly approching them. "And does this cover another discovery?"

"Yeah, I think it does. It sure feels like it."

"Another day, another tomorrow?"

Jennie met her gaze briefly, the quirk of her lips alluring enough that Jisoo finds herself lessening the gap. "Another day, another tommorow."

The brunette is definitely stubborn and smug though Jisoo doesn't mind the showcase of its combination once Jennie turned her towards the sun rising. It didn't matter if she was shaken awake, butt glued to the passenger's seat of Jennie's car and waiting for dreary hours of the early morning. The sight before her was worth all of it.

Skies painted by different colors of blue, yellow, red, orange and even shades that must be there to create something so magnificent awed Jisoo. She could feel the breeze on her delicate skin, could smell the saltiness in the air and could hear the waves splashing and gliding on the sand where they lay a safe distance from. The sunrise was beautiful, is spectacularly beautiful when its effect touches every other creation on land.