four ; prefects

————————————

————————————

Aurora Areli

"I KNEW IT!" RON yelled, punching the air. "You always get away with stuff!"

Harry had just returned from his Ministry hearing and, to my tremendous relief, he had been cleared of all charges. He looked positively exhausted, but his eyes were brighter and he looked happier than I had seen yet.

"They were bound to clear you," Hermione said, looking faint with anxiety and holding a shaking hand over her eyes, "there was no case against you, none at all."

Instead of words, I opted for standing up from my chair and wrapping Harry into a congratulatory hug, which he gladly returned. We both chose to ignore the looks the adults in the room were giving us.

"Everyone seems quite relieved, though," Harry said, grinning down at me when we pulled away, but still keeping an arm around me, "considering you all knew I'd get off."

I smiled back. "It's hard not to be nervous."

Looking around, I saw Mrs Weasley wiping her eyes on her apron, and Fred, George and Ginny doing some kind of war dance to a chant that went: "He got off, he got off, he got off . . ."

"That's enough! Settle down!" Mr Weasley shouted, though he was smiling as well. "Listen, Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministry —"

"What?" Sirius said sharply.

"He got off, he got off, he got off . . ."

"Be quiet, you three! Yes, we saw him talking to Fudge on Level Nine, then they went up to Fudge's office together. Dumbledore ought to know."

"Absolutely," Sirius said. "We'll tell him, don't worry."

"Well, I'd better get going, there's a vomiting toilet waiting for me in Bethnal Green. Molly, I'll be late, I'm covering for Tonks, but Kingsley might be dropping in for dinner —"

"He got off, he got off, he got off . . ."

"That's enough — Fred — George — Ginny!" Mrs Weasley said, as Mr Weasley left the kitchen. "Harry, dear, come and sit down, have some lunch, you hardly ate breakfast."

I took a seat next to a giddily happy Harry, while Ron and Hermione sat opposite us, looking equally as cheerful. I must have as well; knowing that Harry wasn't going to be expelled, and that he was coming back to Hogwarts with us lifted a huge weight off my chest. None of us had stopped smiling since he shared the news.

"'Course, once Dumbledore turned up on your side, there was no way they were going to convict you," Ron said happily, dishing great mounds of mashed potato on to everyone's plates.

"Yeah, he swung it for me," Harry said. Then, to my surprise, he suddenly hissed in pain and clapped a hand to his scar.

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned.