Ink's plan.

(Well... we managed to make it past 1000 readers in record time lol. A little over a month I think haha. Of course I've pretty much been updating just about every day! but still, it is surprising. Anyway, here is the next chapter!)

---Dream's Pov---

"So... What are we going to do?" I asked while watching the multiple versions in the room frown. Ink immediately got out of his chair and slammed his hands on the table to get everyone's attention so that he could once again lay out his plan.

"Honestly, If we lure Nightmare away... we can snatch (Y/n). At least then, we can hold her hostage until Dream can regain his strength." This plan seemed great, but if I knew anything... Nightmare was smarter than all of us. He was a master of chess, and even more so, knew how to get into the heads of his enemies to cause severe damage.

"I'm for that." Red responded firmly while crossing his arms. He's been pretty moody ever since (Y/n)'s been gone, apparently his Papyrus wouldn't leave him alone when it came to her. He was pretty upset.

"(Y/n) still has fragile HP right now, so Nightmare wont risk marking her any time soon." Ink added, causing the others to nod. Edgy seemed to growl when it was said, not really liking the idea of her receiving something like that from the King of negativity. Actually, even I thought that my brother was being a little bit too... excessive with it.

"We still have to remember that Nightmare is usually always one step ahead. He is insane at chess... I never managed to beat him." I sheepishly admitted as Red stared at me blankly.

"Chess, eh? Where'd a guy like him learn to play that?" He asked as I looked away. I didn't really want to give them a response, but all eyes were on me now.

"(Y/n) taught him"

Silence, everything stayed really quiet. 

"Uhh... you sure? Last time I checked, that kid didn't play fucking board games." Edgy said with a non existent eyebrow raised. I guess his confusion was natural.

"Yeah, I mean... (Y/n) and Nightmare have history, a lot of which I'm not too sure about." I said with a small sigh. Ink seemed to find my words unnerving, because his response really threw me off guard.

"Has she ever... beaten your brother at that game?" He asked, causing me to shrug my shoulders. I mean, if she taught him then she probably has done so. "I'm sorry, but I just have a really hard time taking all of this in... I mean, I thought that Nightmare wanted to finish her off since she came from Dreamtale or something. You know, no survivors and all?"

That held a lot of truth. Nightmare made sure to get rid of everything in Dreamtale, as if it was a desperate attempt at stripping away all of his memories. In the end, it was more or less an effort to get rid of his frustrations. If only Error hadn't tripped me with his strings, maybe I would of been able to talk him out of his rage.

Blue nodded, the usually excited skeleton has been quiet during every meeting about (Y/n). When I first met him, I could tell that he had strong feelings for her. Poor Blue, he really must be crushed... "(Y/N) IS TOO SWEET... I HAVE A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING A RELATIONSHIP LIKE THAT TOO..."

"Well..." Everyone started looking towards me, the Guardian of positivity for an answer. Their love for each other was somewhat beyond my understanding too... but when I saw them together on the bridge, he had a powerful desire to protect her. His negativity clouded a lot of the things that he was feeling, however, his concern for her safety was there. "I didn't believe it in the beginning either. Nightmare is cold, merciless and evil."

"Nightmare is all of those things..." I paused to sigh, looking down sadly. Several skeletons looked towards me, waiting for my sentence to be finished. Ever since I managed to come back earlier than usual, they've found hope. I couldn't let them down. "He is obsessed with (Y/n). That is why Ink's plan will work."