71: Old

He had proven it on more than one occasion to Amber. Fans liked to call him a bad boy because of the songs he made and his aloof mannerisms, but in reality? Ezra was just a warm softie. It was either that or he was just really desperate for her voice to be a part of his song. She scoffed at the thought.

Her voice? He must be kidding. He can't be serious. Amber flushed. Sure, she was not that bad at singing, but she was no nightingale. She was just part of the common folk. People who could sing 'Happy Birthday' or the national anthem without feeling way too embarrassed.

There must be some kind of catch to this arrangement. Something that he really wanted from her. Just as how she was not just a poor, night club waitress who was targeted by a bunch of perverted assholes. But rather, she was his soulmate after his heart.

She spat out the remaining bubbles from the toothpaste, washing her face quickly with his facial soap, an expensive but familiar brand. She helped herself to a tiny bit of his skincare products, using just a little moisturizer before turning to observe the clothes he'd laid out for her.

No bra, of course, but he had gotten her a soft navy jacket to hide her nipples, along with a black t-shirt and some soft skinny jeans. Her face heated up at the thought of his careful consideration, her eyes flickering to her nipples. The white really made it kind of see-through and the coldness of the morning air turned her nipples perky and sensitive. The bumps were protruding out a little too obscenely.

Shit. Her face reddened at the thought of her standing in the kitchen in this state. She had tried using her fingers in an attempt to push her nipples into a softer state, but she only succeeded in making them even more erect and obvious. Sometimes the pushing thing worked but she was probably too cold right then.

The design of her uniform was truly not meant for normal lighting. Without the darkness of the club, it exposed her body in ways that only underwear should. Amber had filtered through his clothes in the bathroom. The white shirt had been the best option of the pile.

The other clothes that he had were all pretty crap at hiding nipples, some too thin and others too silky. There was one black shirt that had been absolutely lewd due to the way it had curled over her breasts like a second skin. She eventually decided to go for the thickest fabric, and the more fitting shirt, telling herself that she would use her arms to shield her body from his gaze.

She had forgotten about it the minute she stepped out of the toilet. In her sleepy haze, she had walked into the room without a care in the world, standing up straight to reveal her breast to his wandering eyes. His blatant, heated stare on her chest had exploded her heart into smithereens. The look he had given her had woken her up almost immediately.

Amber blushed at the thought. She was afraid to face him now. She glanced at his clothing choice for her and her heart spasmed in her chest.

Oh, God.

She pulled the white shirt over her head and found herself sniffing at the fabric before comparing it to the smell on Ezra's shirt. The scent was different, Ezra's was more of a cold mint compared to the sweet floral that had lulled her to sleep.

Amber pressed her lips together, deep in thought.

He told her that the shirt she slept in was not his. An implication that what she wore was his partner's. Amber took another deep inhale of the scent. It reminded her of roasting tea leaves with a soft floral sweetness like that of a baby's. She was sure she'd smelt this scent before, and her sensitive nose twitched at the thought.

This was the smell that had sent her into a land of comforting warmth. It gave her pleasant dreams of someone humming and giggling softly as he held her hand. She didn't remember who she had dreamt of but the person in her dreams had been lovely. Sweet and soft, with a voice like salted caramel.