Chapter 46 - Puppy of Love

Sierra's POV

If my calculations were correct, I would be hitting my 12th week now. It still all felt like a dream. A dream I never want to wake up from. A part of me couldn't help my anxiety as I anxiously waited for something or someone to take it all away from me. My whole life was like that. Whenever I had something beautiful happening, it would be yanked from my hands.

I took a deep breath as I stood in the kitchen, holding onto the counter tightly in an attempt to calm myself and my thoughts. My mind had too much power over me and it's domineering ass needs to take a seat. I will not ruin this for myself out of fear. I refuse to run for the uncertainties of what could go wrong. Instead, for once, I will stay for the uncertainties of everything that could go right.

I heard the doorbell ring which was slightly odd. Nobody reaches the front door without coming passed the guards at the gate. I stopped packing the dishwasher and cautiously made my way into the foyer, checking the cameras before I went. There was nobody there except a box with a red bow on it.

I placed the gun from Nico's entrance table in the back of my jeans, keeping my hand encased around it as I opened the door. I popped my head out but the porch was vacant. I then heard a small whine coming from the box. What the fuck...

I let go of the gun, crouched down and gently pulled the lid of the box off. Staring up at me were a pair of dark chocolate brown eyes, belonging to a gorgeous Dalmatian puppy. Their tail began wagging instantly the second they saw me. I noticed a pink collar around their neck with a tag hanging off of it. She wasn't sitting still so I was unable to see it clearly.

I decided to pull the gun out of my pants, place the safety lock on before reaching behind me and setting it on the entrance table. I then bent over and picked up the puppy.

"Aren't you just the cutest thing?" I cooed as she licked my hands, then my face when it was within reach.

I giggled as I enjoyed all the love before pulling back. I ran my fingers over her collar, reaching behind the heart-shaped tag to have it placed in my hand. My brows knitted slightly together as I read it.

"What

"What..." My voice trailed off. Before I could process my thoughts or look around to understand what was happening I heard a distinctive loud bark sound from behind me in the foyer.

I turned around and instantly my eyes filled with tears. Major stood there, his posture confident and stern in his handsome form. He had a black bowtie around his collar with its own tag:

Will you be my mom and marry my dad?

I held the puppy underneath my one arm while my other hand went to cover my mouth. Nico was beside Major, down on one knee and a black velvet box in his hand. He had an attractive smile on his face as he watched me.