sixteen

{suspicions}

Yoongi lazily kicked the stone at his foot, hands shoved inside the pockets of his black jeans as he made his way down the street. From a distance he could see the city skyscrapers, the place he'd usually work from, but instead Hoseok had sent him here, to a rundown place outside the city where the people moped around and worst of all, the buildings all had a height restriction of two stories. 

There was no where Yoongi could get a clear view of the place from up high, so Yoongi, for once, settled for the ground. He didn't make an effort to conceal himself like usual, this time being out in the open as he made his way around the streets, looking for any hidden side alleys or suspicious looking shops that could house any information. Hoseok said he'd spotted a Jeon in the area on the security cam this morning, but Yoongi was beginning to question Hoseok's words. 

Frowning in discomfort, Yoongi could feel the hard metal of his handgun pressing against his side, hidden underneath his black jumper. He had a knife slipped inside his boot, a gun on his side, and a tracker inside his pocket. Hoseok had given it to him incase he actually came across a Jeon... but Yoongi knew that it would be hard to plant a bug on another gang member whilst going unnoticed. 

Letting out a sigh, Yoongi's breath turned into a plume of white smoke in the frosty air. He found himself rubbing his hands together to keep warm, eyes scanning his surroundings as he picked up on every detail. 

People were entering and exiting shops, others turning up at the local cafe for a morning coffee. The smell of toast and coffee beans wafted in his direction and he had to convince himself that he wasn't craving a nice hot drink.

He kept making his way down the streets, and at this stage, he just wanted to give up. He was bored. Nothing was happening. He wanted a more interesting mission--

As Yoongi neared a rundown part of the town, without warning, a single gunshot echoed throughout the streets, shattering the thick silence with its deadly sound. It left Yoongi's ears feeling like they had just exploded, so he knew that whoever had fired the weapon was close. 

Without a conscious decision to pursue the sound, Yoongi was already picking up his pace, walk turning into a light jog as he made his way to the end of the street. He rounded the corner, but instantly regretted that decision, eyes growing wide at the scene playing out before him. The road was soaked in a man's blood, the body slumped over the tar as the thick red liquid ran down the slope. 

Slapping a hand over his mouth, Yoongi was quick to bounce backwards, swinging himself back around the corner and slamming his back against the wall. With his hand still over his mouth, he quickly regained his breath, lowering his arms back to his side. He'd seen many dead bodies before, and blood was nothing new... but the man that was standing over the body... his tattoo... it was unmistakably a Jeon tattoo.

Swallowing thickly, Yoongi peered around the corner, thankful that the man hadn't spotted him. With his back pressed to the wall, he listened in as another man... a non-Jeon member backed away, almost tripping over his own feet in fear. The man from the Jeons was taller, more built as he aimed his handgun towards the other man, "I told you to locate them." he spoke lowly, his voice deep and rich as his words rolled off his tongue like poison.

Yoongi knew this guy was screwed, all he could see was the man's profile, and he knew it was bad. 

There was no colour to the other man's face as he sunk to his knees, pleading, begging for his life, "I-I couldn't follow, they're good with security... I couldn't-"

"SHUT UP!" The Jeon shout, pressing the gun against the man's temple, "One job I asked of you... ONE JOB! This should be easy... we finally found the city of that bitch's brother, yet we can't even locate him..." he sneered, turning away in disgust for a moment before turning back, "I'll just find him and get him to repay his debt myself." He spat, pulling down on the trigger as the bullet flew from the barrel.