Chapter 47

I sat down at the dining table next to Orion where my food was already set. He wrapped his arm around me possessively as pack members looked in my direction.

What? I said through our mind link. You jealous?

You know I am, love. A small smile spread across my face as he said that word. It's in the werewolf genes.

I shrugged and brought the fork to my mouth, eating the pasta that was on it. I know, but could you be less possessive? They didn't even look at my the wrong way. It was literally a glance.

No can do, love. He said and I gave him a look.

I don't like it. I said as I put more food in my mouth. I understood why he did it. Ever since Alec kidnapped me, Orion has not once let me out of his sight. The times that he wasn't with me, someone else had to be with me to keep an eye on me.

You don't have to like it. It's for your own safety. Alec could be trying to get to you again and I cannot have that.

You'd think that he would have already tried if he was going to. I think he's given up. I tried to persuade him but it was to no avail.

It's going to stay like this until I personally see his dead body.

Whatever. I closed the link, not wanting to argue. I shoved more food into my mouth, frustrated.

Don't get mad at me. He said and I ignored him. You have to understand that it's dangerous for you to be all by yourself.

I continued to ignore him and ate my food. The arm that he had around me moved to my waist and he pulled me closer to him. I sighed as the sparks engulfed my being. Orion tested his chin on my head and his thumb rubbed circles on my waist.

I'm sorry. He sounded sincere but I wasn't going to give in that easily. Please? He drew out the word and inhaled my scent. It won't always be like this.

How long until it isn't? I said, knowing the answer.

I got up from my seat and grabbed my now empty plate and headed for the kitchen. I set the plate down in the sink and groaned as I started scrubbing the place. Orion followed and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, resting his chin on my head again.

"I already told you when it'll stop."

"And I already told you, Orion. I love you and everything but I hate it that you're so overprotective of me," I said. "I mean, I get why but don't you think you're being a little excessive."

"No," he replied. "I'm never excessive when I protect who I love."

I paused, "Really? I literally don't have any privacy. You're on my heels constantly And when it's not you, you send someone else."

"I'm sorry. I just love you too much and the thought of losing you again hurts," he said as he kissed my cheek. I turned my head and kissed him on the lips.

"I love you too but I don't need a fucking babysitter." He gave me a look for the language but sighed.

"Fine. You know what? I'll cut it down a little." I smiled. "But, you have to promise me to be careful and mindlink me whenever you get the slightest suspicion that something is wrong." I shrugged. I could do that.

"Okay, thanks,"

"Anything for you, love."

*

We were sitting around the fire which crackled satisfyingly. We were having a bonfire. About one fourth of the pack showed up and everyone was just hanging out. Some roasting marshmallows and others enjoying their time.

The sound of conversations and laughter echoed in my ears. My head was lent against Orions shoulder and his arm was around my waist.

Pack members constantly came up to us and started conversation. I didn't really pay attention though as I was focused on something else.

I got this wierd feeling, as if someone was watching me. I lifted my head from Orions shoulder and looked behind me. A dark figure moved in the distance but I thought nothing of it. It was probably a pack member that was arriving.

"What?" Orion whispered in my ear. "Did you see something?" I shook my head and looked back at him. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. I was just looking around," I reassured and he just nodded.

*

After the bonfire, we went back to our room and sat on the bed together. Orion turned on the TV and played a movie which we watched in silence. I sighed as he played with my hair, entangling his fingers in it and massaging my head.

"You're so beautiful," he said, breaking the silence.

"I know I am. You don't have to keep telling me," I smirked and he growled playfully. He started spreading kisses all over my face which made me laugh.

"S-stop!" I said between laughs and he stopped, placing one final kiss on my lips. When he started to pull away, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him back, his lips landing on mine once more. He kissed me hungrily and I kissed him back with the same amount of hunger. My hands snaked up and wrapped themselves in his hair, pulling gentily which made him growl.

He pulled away after a couple more moments, making me whimper. He started trailing kisses down my neck, smirking against my skin. He found the perfect place between my collarbone and neck. I felt his canines elongate.

"Since I have yet to do this, I think I'll do it now," he said before he bit down into my skin. I hissed as it stung but then the feeling disappeared and was replaced with pleasure as he took his teeth out of my skin.

He had marked me.
______________________________________

This is a shorter chapter but I just wanted to include a piece of Rayna and Orion improving their relationship.

I also lied!! But hey, it benefits y'all so I wouldn't whine about it! I know I said this chapter would be the last but there's still one more!!! It'll probably also be a short one but it's a good chapter. A good one to end the story with. The sequel should be up soon after the final chapter is posted.

Anyways, I'll see y'all in the next chapter.