Chapter 10: Mew

Sir.... sir.

It was an hour of torture. His presence was complete torture. I need my head straight to strike a deal.

Knock. Knock.

He's here.

"Come in Mr McQueen."

He went in not looking at me and sat on the couch by the corner of my office. He looks fidgety, like he can't wait to get this over with and storm out.

"Do you know why you're here young man?" Young man!!! I sound so fake when in truth I want to stuff his mouth with inappropriate things just for my pleasure.

"No Sir, I mean professor." Here we go with the sir again and my nether regions is taking notice.

Adjusting my pants, I said,"How's your grade in Philospohy?"

He looked up, narrowing his eyes. "Not so good, why?"

"What's your plan after college?" I asked.

"I told you, I am getting out of here." It seems that has always been his plan.

"How do you think will you be able to accomplish that?" I asked again.

"This is so like you. What's with the million and one questions? Can you just go straight to the point." He is getting iritated by the tone of his voice.

"Haha! Now that's the dipshit I know. Bossy." I said more comfortable with this Gulf.

"I am here because you said you have a way to get me out of here. If you're bluffing---" He pointed out.

"Win IFL for me." I said without batting an eye.

"--------"Speechless. He is just speechless.

"Close your mouth Gulf. Win it. Don't worry about Philosophy, I'll give you notes and pointers you can read. You can also approach me anytime, or come to my office if you have questions. I will find the time to ----" I said without pause.

"Hold up. Stop for a moment, let me just process this." He's holding his head like he's having a headache.

Yup, that's what I felt too when I found out you're the captain.

" You're saying that I have to win the championship right? But before that, I have to win the semis, you know that too, right? The semis game which is a week away?" Sounds about right.

Taking a deep breath I said, "I can help with football too. I used to be team captain."

"I'm sorry, come again?" He said, cannot believe what I just said.

"I was team captain six years ago. We can practice every night. If not the whole team then you, until we win the championship." I said.

He is speechless. He just stared at me, like I've grown two heads.

"I saw how you played last night, and I must tell you, you need more practice, maybe before and after school."  I continued on.

"Well we might as well just live together then because it seems to me like I won't be able to escape you."

Is that sarcasm I hear?

"You know what, I'll think about this first. I'll tell you my decision tomorrow. And by the way, the only reason I sucked that day was because you were there professor. Just imagining you there every practice is already a guarantee we won't even win the semis." He just dismissed me after saying this.