⤫1.37

"Hello there half blood

"Hello there half blood." Seyeon winked as Chaerin reached their table, clearly the younger girl wasn't in the mood when she forcefully put her bag on the table- making a loud bang.

Jisung flinched at the sound and turned his head to see the girl sitting down with a huff, putting her head in her hands.

"Technically... now she's like bonded to Jisung or whatever would that change the percentage of Demon she has in her?"  Renjun commented, pondering on it.

"Are you okay?" Donghyuck asked, pulling Chaerin out of her daze and she wordlessly nodded- earning a glance from Jisung.

His eyes trained on his now Soulmate, not sure why or what he was feeling at the given moment as she looked upset.

Jisung's hands inched towards hers.
"Can I talk to you?"
The sound of Jeno's voice made the Demon pull his hand away and look up as Chaerin nodded- leaving the table with the Angel.

They sat at a far away table alone and Jisung's eyes zeroed in on them, watching them closely.

Jeno sighed as they sat down, his eyes falling over her- on her neck which was covered by a turtle neck.

"I'm really disappointed Chaerin." Jeno began, his voice void of any anger, instead it was soft yet the message still relayed.

Chaerin looked down at her hands, not wanting to hear what he had to say- feeling betrayed by him in the first place.

"I told you not to get involved with him- a demon and you promised me-"
"You promised to protect me, and what happened there?" She shot back and Jeno flinched at her tone.

"You're blaming me for this? I didn't tell him to bite you and you're not a little girl anymore, anyone with common sense knows to not let a Demon bite them- nevermind hang around them."

Jeno ran a hand through his hair and sighed.
"I've been watching and protecting you for years and the one time I don't- you do this? Chaerin what were you thinking, do you even know what you've gotten yourself into? You had all of us but you went and hung out with them-"

"You guys are acting like I left out of spite, you guys left me out! But you wouldn't have noticed because you simply don't care and I was just extra baggage on top of your priorities."

"I never said that." Jeno said with narrowed brows.
"You didn't have to." She said with a sigh, voice full with emotion.

There was a silence between them and Jeno averted his eyes away from her and to the burning eyes that glared into him.

"I've been trying so hard to protect you, this is killing me right now. I know I messed up but things have been rough for me and I found out that-"
"Whatever Jeno, don't try making excuses." She cut him off.

Jisung held the intense eye contact, almost threatening and the Angel looked away with a scoffed sigh.

"What happened to you Chaerin?"
"I don't know Jeno, you tell me seeing as you seem to know all that's best for me."

"I know that he isn't a friend you want to have."
"Maybe he's the only one that actually acted like a friend and made me feel somewhat less burdensome."

Jeno exhaled a breath and shook his head.
"This conversation isn't going anywhere."
Chaerin bit her lip and nodded, getting up and leaving as fast as she could- feeling the tears build up.

Her eyes fell to the Angel table, their disappointed and disapproving eyes on her.

Chaerin tore her gaze away, lip trembling as she reached her table, grabbing her back to leave.

Before she could however, a hand clasped over her wrist. Chaerin's blurred vision fell on Jisung's hand before it trailed to his face and she burst out crying with all the pent up emotion.

"Oh shit." Donghyuck commented in shock.

Well should Jisung comfort my gal 🙃