Part 29: Desperate Bonds.

Day 18

Disclaimer- undedited

As soon as the warm water touched her scalp and dripped down her face, lower into the depth of her height, she sighed heavily. It soothed her muscles and rejuvenated her naked skin.

Her mind was foggy, same as the shower walls. She tried to find herself into the blurriness of her thoughts. Her heartbeats were steady but not her mind. Everything was going so fast. She was not a simple girl anymore, she was Karan Khanna's girlfriend, the realisation she should've had way before.

She was the one who didn't gave two f*cks before thinking out loud. Maybe that's what lead her into this mess. She took a quick decision which landed her in this place. Was she regretting it? What's the point to regret it now when she was so deep into the mess, into the dead sand which seemed like a flat surface.

The girl who lived and struggled through the harshness of the society norms, here she was struggling to find peace with her heart.

A month is what they had, she pestered more. It's less than half a month remaining, she reminded her self. All she has to do is go with flow, which is what she was doing.

'but what after this one month?' the question ate her. She wanted this month to end as quick as possible but now, she felt the end of it nearing. Still they had 14 days to be together.

Was she expecting something? What is it she feeling? She couldn't point out. Hopefully, he has the answers to all her questions.

*Knock knock* she heard the door sound immediately.

"You okay?" She heard the same voice which she didn't wanted to right now.

She turned the knob of the shower off. He could hear the it. "You took some time, that's why came to check on you"

She sighed with the concern in his voice. It affects her, his concern, his touch, his affection, his everything. She didn't want to get affected but she can't help it either.

"Tripura..." His voice trailed.

"Let me in" he waited for several seconds. The door remained shut.

When he just had gave up and tried to turn around, the door clicked open stopping him in his track.

His eyes waited, nervously, eagerly to see her face. Their eyes clashed the first thing. Her face showed exhaustion, she was tired, mentally? He couldn't tell.

He looked down and saw her covered in the bath robe, her hair still dripped wet. As patient as he can be, he stood there for her to say or move but she didn't.

Their eyes were locked into a deep conversation, mostly one sided. The first time he could see her differently, like he has never seen her like this, so vulnerable and open.

Was she feeling uneasy? Upset? Full of emotions? He couldn't point and that's where he felt helpless to say or so anything.

Karan khanna, who has the whole industry ruled with his charming ways was having a tough time dealing with the number of emotions her eyes spoke.

Her eyes pooled involuntarily within seconds. He closed the gap and crushed her to his chest. That's all he could do. Not knowing how the behave or react, he just consoled her.

"You okay?" He patted her wet hair.

"I don't know" came her feeble voice after don't know how long.

"I don't know" she repeated it few times. "I feel empty" she confessed. His heart sank with the struggle to understand what she meant.

He broke the hug and cupped her face by her chin. Her doe eyes shook him.