30: Run

She's not answering

She's not answering.

Christian looked down at his phone, pressing end for the third time in a row.

"She told you he left, bruh. Just chill out. Did you expect her to send you an invite?" Scott snickered as they rounded a corner, "You know her better than that, come on."

Ian ran his fingers through his hair, biting the inside of his bottom lip, "I know, but—"

"If she wants to see you. She'll tell you."

He sighed, wanting to try her number again or randomly pop up. Something just wasn't sitting right, however, it could also just be his eagerness to get things back to normal...

...their normal

And be laying up on the couch figuring out what to do for dinner, followed up by—

"You know I'm right." Scott interrupted his thoughts as they pulled into the hotel parking lot.

Ian kissed his teeth and sat still on the passenger's side as Mr. Kim made his way out, "Just because yal couldn't get your hormones in check and tongued each other down in the bathroom, merely means she still loves you. Not that you should go try and make a baby."

Christian's face turned bright red as he stopped behind his friend, him continuing through the sliding doors, "Under different circumstances I'm sure you would've ended up exactly how yal met in the first place."

They rode the elevator up, Christian picking at a tiny break in the plastic of the USB drive in his hand.

He was anxious.

Something didn't feel right...

...despite Scott's reassuring claims that it was just his urge to see her that had the blood pumping through his veins at a rapid pace

...the hair to rising on his skin.

No.

Something was, indeed...off.

As if the universe knew he needed assistance to find the answer to his qualm, his phone vibrated.

He paused just as Scott unlocked the room door, turning to see his face void of all color. "Rome...

...you okay?"

-🌻-

It's cold.

My head....

Why does my head hurt...

It's so dark...

hello?