Twenty-five

"Alright, I know you didn't call me over here to watch the finished product of After You." Tahani griped, pushing the door of Kaycee's bedroom open and stepping inside.

Kaycee followed behind her, shutting the door quietly. "What makes you say that?"

"You're just not like that. You don't like to brag, not that that's bragging necessarily." The younger girl shrugged, throwing herself down on Kaycee's bed. "So what's up?"

Kaycee sat herself down next to Tahani, leaning backward until her head hit her pillow. She didn't even know where to start, there were too many thoughts swimming around in her head.

Five days ago Sean left her standing in her driveway and drove away, and ever since then, she'd been on an undeniable high. She practically floated around the house, nothing could dampen her mood, not even Kylie's incessant pestering. Though she hadn't seen Sean and had barely spoken to him in the past five days, he was always on her mind in the best possible ways. She couldn't wait to see him again.

Fortunately enough for her, her family had invited him on a trip to Solvang this weekend. They made the plans a week ago, before anything had happened, and now Kaycee couldn't contain herself. She felt like she physically couldn't wait an additional three days to see him.

Tahani waved her hand in front of Kaycee's eyes rather aggressively. "Did you forget I was here or something? I asked you a question ten minutes ago."

"Maybe ten seconds ago. And I was thinking." Kaycee rebutted. She inhaled deeply, still not knowing where to start, but speaking anyway. "So Sean and I shot the video five days ago. No wait, that's not where I should start...there's more leading up to that. Okay, so Jack and I broke up--no, that's not a good starting point either! Back in Boston..."

"Kaycee!" Tahani sat up, throwing her hands up in exasperation. "Just spit it out!"

"Sean kissed me." She blurted, her eyes widening at the realization that she had just said it out loud.

For a moment, neither of them spoke, they didn't even move. That was, until Kaycee's words finally sunk into Tahani's brain.

"He did what?" Tahani exclaimed, her eyes as wide as saucers. "He kissed you? You're joking!"

Kaycee shook her head frantically "On the forehead! The forehead...I should've said that before."

Tahani reached behind her, pulling out a pillow and whacking her friend with it. "Yeah! You should've!" Tahani swatted her again, this time in the face. "But still! What the hell?"

Kaycee dodged her next attack, yanking the weapon from her hands. "That's why I need to start from the beginning, which is what I was trying to do before you so rudely interrupted me."

"If you're starting from the beginning, you're going to have to start from the first time you two met, you know?"

"I don't need your sarcasm." Kaycee rolled her eyes. "Just listen."

Kaycee proceeded to tell Tahani everything, deciding to start with her birthday and Sean's birthday post, how when she read it, her heart soared to new levels. That's when she started recognizing the signs that she and Jack weren't compatible.

Then there was the Hawaii trip, the first time she realized that Sean's touch caused her skin to physically burn, sitting with Sean by the ocean and feeling her problems washing away. And of course, when they fell asleep on the couch together and him claiming she was the confusing one.

Then there was Sean ignoring her in Boston, and them making up in Boston. That was when she realized that without Sean, she felt hopeless, and that's also when she realized that she trusted him with anything.