a c k n o w l e d g e m e n t s

There are several people I want to thank for their support throughout the writing of this story.

First, my sister (whose current user name I have no idea of right now), MJ, who has been a lovely supporter of this work from the very beginning (even if I might have bugged her to read new chapters and to give me her opinions in the comments). I've always been incredibly grateful for the support and input you gave me.

Secondly, to all the people who have read this story on Wattpad and stayed supportive. I cannot name all your names by memory here, but I appreciate each and every one of you greatly. Without your support and encouragement, I may not have continued this story and gotten to the ending, where I am today.

Thirdly, to my entire family, in general, for lending me their names. Each member of my immediate family appears in this story in some form or another through their name:

My sister, whose middle name I stole for Jane.

My father and mother, whose names I borrowed for William and inspiration for Saraya.

My brother, whose first name I took for Sawyer and whose middle name I took for Jay, the sailor who assists Isabella in her escape.

My other brother, whose name entered the story as Antony's best friend, and Isabella's husband, Kade.

My youngest brother, who became Josiah in the story.

My youngest sister, Mariah, who became one of the small children, along with Josiah, that helped Isabella find home once more.

I'm sorry (that I'm not sorry!) for stealing your names. :) Thank you all for letting me "borrow" them. Especially you, Sawyer. You let me use your name for the main villain, and I am grateful. :)

Finally, I would like to dedicate this story to my parents, just as the original, incomplete, first version was dedicated. Happy Anniversary.