One

The cab pulls up to a modern two story house with good looking cars in the driveway. Looks the same, he thought.

"Here we are, 411 Arch Ave." The cab driver says for the first time. He sounds like he smokes which prompts the passenger to scurry out. The car drives off once the door closes. Well thanks sir, his sarcasm is thick in his head. He walks up to the door and rings the doorbell. It can be heard outside so he knows she heard him.

The door swings open to reveal his mother. It takes her a minute to process him standing there.

He's engulfed in a hug the second it clicks. She cries like she just lost a child. He lowers his raised arms to return the hug. He missed his mom so much throughout the years.

"Draven b-baby, how are you here?" His mom questions as she sniffs. Draven pulls back to wipe her tears and give her a small smile. "I got out silly," a goofy grin forms on his face. She chuckles but smile nevertheless.

She cups his face and smiles brightly at him. "My baby boy...I missed you so much." Draven holds her hand and kisses it. "I missed you too ma...but I missed your cooking more." His hand is slapped away and they both laugh.

His mom, Calista, ushers him in and offers to take his bag. Draven declines but takes off his shoes and jacket anyway. Calista walks out heading to the kitchen. Draven tells her "I'll be back done in a minute," he gets an "okay" back.

Draven climbs the steps two at a time. He really missed this and having the freedom to do anything. Jail was not pretty and shaped him to be the person he is now. Bitter, rude, and impudent to most. But who should be disrespectful to their mom? No one.

Draven's room is on the eastern side of the house, so he takes a right. He enters two mahogany doors to a en-suite bedroom. It's black and red themed with a sliding mahogany wood door to separate the bedroom, from the bathroom.

He sets his bag on the silk black bedsheets and goes into the walk-in closet. Draven picks out a nirvana shirt and black ripped jeans. He grabs his soap out of the bag and heads to the shower.

He finds soap already in the shower so he wasted his time. What the heck, screw it. He turns on the shower and walks in. While he's washing his upper body, he thinks about all he's been through.

In jail, Draven was well-known so nobody messed with him. Guards hated him, other inmates wanted to be him, and twinks wanted to fuck him. One day, someone decided to test him.

Draven heard loud talking coming from the cafeteria, that would soon change. He stomps down the hallway and he could already hear it get quiet. He busts through the door to see everyone looking down at their table. No one said a word. He bows with his hand and everyone slowly starts back talking.

Draven sat down at his normal table and the lunch ladies bring out his normal lunch. Steak and mashed potatoes. As he was about to cut his steak, Anthony walks in. All look down and get quiet, except Draven. He eats his steak looking dead at Anthony.

"Hey Ant Ant, long time no see." Draven taunts him. Anthony cocks a brow at the nickname. People don't have the balls to say something to him.

He smiles at Draven. "So you're the big shot around here?" Draven feels two shadows behind him. So they're double teaming now, he thought. Draven returns the smile.

"Why yes I am," everyone stares behind him. He sees one raise their hand. The only thought he has is "ouuuu I get to kick some ass."

He swings one dude over his shoulder onto the table. The other lunges but Draven quickly sidesteps. Big guys are easy to roll so he trips him up. Anthony throws the table guy a knife. "Alright, I don't know why you're coming at me, but I can beat both y'all asses."

By the time Draven was done fighting, he had a few scratches on him. His beautiful face was bruised but nothing that couldn't go away. Anthony's friends look way worse with Anthony standing off to the side.

"If you want to get rid of me, you're going to have to do better." And walked out the cafeteria.

Reminiscing doesn't feel great coming out of jail. It's time to try and keep it in the past.  Draven cleans his lower half and walks out the shower. He does all he needs to do, since he hasn't had a decent shower in a long time.

Draven slips on his clothes and some black socks to walk around in and leaves his room. He finds his mom in the kitchen.

"Hey Calista, what's for dinner?" Draven utters as he sat at the island. Calista side eyes him and he gets ready to bolt if need be. "When have you started calling me Calista?" She states with some attitude.

Draven shrugs his shoulders. "Now?" He questions himself. She laughs it off and he finally relaxes. Calista is the type of mom to grab the closest thing to her and throw it at you. That was one thing Draven loved/hated.

"Anyway, fish tacos is what's for dinner." Calista eventually answers. "So tell me about jail. You didn't drop the soap right?" She laughs and jokes to herself.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Draven snapps unintentionally. Calista affirms what he thought. "Nothing, it's just a stereotype I heard." As if it was simple.

"It's not just a 'stereotype'. That happens to real people." Draven storms out of the kitchen towards his bedroom. He was furious because that's not a joking matter. Rape comes from that "simple" action.

Draven should know because he's a victim himself.