MFA chapter 9*

Chapter 9* 

"Happy Birthday! Alexandria, wake up!"  

Somehow, my subconsciousness was telling me I knew that voice, but another part was telling me I didn't know who it belonged to. I stuck with the more pessimistic part and turned over in my bed, away from the demanding voice and the person it belonged to.  

Abruptly, the covers were ripped from my bed, exposing my legs and arms to the horrible draft that was coming from my open balcony door. I know, bad Zandy, leaving the door open. But seriously, who was going to get me on the second floor? 

I flipped over in my bed angrily to catch the culprit. I opened my eyes and saw the face I'd known my entire life. 

"Mommy!" I yelled, flinging myself at her. I wrapped my arms around her neck and squeezed myself close to her. This is the first time I'd seen my mom in a year. I was so excited to have her here. 

"Hi baby doll, happy birthday," she murmured in my ear. 

"Oh Mom, I'm so glad to see you," I told her. 

"I am too baby, I've missed you so much," she said to me, rocking us back and forth on my bed. "You can tell me all about your time in California after breakfast. The twins and all your friends are downstairs waiting for you. Andy's been kind enough to make breakfast for everybody. So get dressed and ready to go for the day, we've got some special things planned for you." 

I groaned. Have I ever mentioned I hate surprises? 

My mom chuckled and released me from the hug. "Get ready, everyone's waiting on you." 

I rolled my eyes as she smiled and left my room. Throwing my legs over the edge of my bed, I made my way to my closet. 

Slipping off my pajamas, I took out my clothing choice for the day. The black and blue Black Veil Brides shirt with Andy's face on the front, black skinny jeans with holes in the knees and thighs, black socks, and my custom made Black Veil Brides hoodie that Andy had made for me on a random day. I ran a brush through my hair and whipped on some mascara and eyeliner quickly. I'd fix my hair and makeup before we left the house later. 

Walking down the stairs, I was faced with one of my biggest birthday gatherings ever. Everyone I knew was in our house. Mom, Taylor, Dylan, Ash, Jake, Jinxx, Scout, Sammi, Sandra, Lottie, Skin, Bone, Amy, Chris, and even Candy.  

"Happy Birthday!" they all shouted up at me. Actual tears came to my eyes, blurring my vision. Okay, I hated surprises, but this was a good one. 

Running down the remaining steps, I gathered my brother and sister in my arms first.  

"Oh my gods! I've missed you guys so much. I can't believe you guys are fifteen!" I said through the tears. Then I moved on to Andy's parents. 

Amy and I hugged like a reunited mother and daughter. Then Chris scooped me up into a bear hug, crushing me to him.  

"Oh, I've missed you both so much. I'm so glad and thankful that you came out here for my birthday," I thanked them. 

"If we couldn't make it for Christmas and Andy's birthday, we were definitely gonna come down for yours. That way we'd see you both," Amy explained. 

I thanked everyone else for coming and arranging all this for me. It was more than I wanted, but I would take it any day. 

The front door swung open and a familiar voice called, "So ya'll are starting the party without me?" 

"Jordan!" I yelled, running to the front door and jumping into my brother's awaiting arms. Over the past few months we had made amends and were on much better terms.