28 - Telling Narcissa

Telling everyone's families went well as most of them had known about it already.
Ginny was horrible at keeping her mouth shut.
Although, they had yet to tell Narcissa. They would be doing that later today before they left to go back to Hogwarts tomorrow. They had already packed up all their things and were ready to go to Kings Cross tomorrow morning and return to Hogwarts for their final term.

Hermione and Draco were getting ready to apparate to the French Manor to tell Narcissa the wonderful news of their recent engagement, they were then going to spend the rest of their night at St.Moritz, skiing their night away. 

Hermione had been constantly looking at her ring, she absolutely loved it and couldn't imagine any other sort of ring, she hated big jewelry and thought the ring Draco had chosen for her fit her perfectly.

She couldn't wait for their wedding if she was being honest with herself, although she wasn't quite in love with him, she couldn't help but get giddy at the thought of her wedding. It's every little girl's dream to have the perfect wedding, and with Draco as her fiancé, she knew he wouldn't settle for anything less than perfect.
He was a little more high-maintenance than she was.

"Hey, we should really attempt to spend more time with Ophelia and Hermès. They probably hate us for not giving them any attention." Draco says, interrupting Hermione's thoughts

"Is it bad I sometimes forget about them? It's new! And the elves have been taking care of them..." She mumbles

"Maybe just a little bit...I did use Hermès to send a letter to my mother about us coming to the manor. So he's had a bit of attention...but poor Ophelia." He sighs

"Hey! I did pet her yesterday morning! I don't see her too often anyway. She does whatever she wants." Hermione huffs, crossing her arms over her chest in a pout

"We'll have more time to give them attention when we're at Hogwarts...plus they won't be roaming around as much. They do whatever they bloody well want here. My mother would have a fit if she knew about them running around freely like this."

"And you want a dog? Draco. A dog is a lot worse than a cat. It doesn't use a litter box...it's loud...is a lot more maintenance...it's a good thing you didn't win our bet. You would've hated caring for a dog. They're tons of work." Hermione explains with a pointed look

"Cats are mean. And dogs obey their masters...at least that's what I was told. I always wanted one as a child. Someone to play with when I didn't have any friends or when my father got mad at me. I still want one. Maybe our future children will want one." He smirks, thinking about the fact they would be having children and about the process they had to go through to have children.

"...Hello? Earth to Draco? Draco!" Hermione tells, interrupting Draco's dirty thoughts

"Hermione? Why are you screaming at me? We should save that for after we're married."

"Don't start with me. I don't know if you're talking about arguing or...something else...I'll be screaming and running away from you if anything. Better be careful and wipe that smirk right off your face or Ginny and I will deal with you. Remember that you have to marry me and deal with me."

"I was just making a little joke. Calm down, Jean!"

"You are very lucky I like you. Or I would have hexed you for telling me to calm down. Now, let's go tell your mother before I change my mind and run away."

Hermione wasn't really mad at Draco for anything, she was just extremely stressed about telling his mother. The woman scared her to death, she was - after all - the sister of the woman who tortured her in Malfoy Manor and etched a nasty slur into her arm forever. She had a right to be terrified of the woman. From what Draco had told her of what kind of a mother Narcissa was, she had decided she was rubbish all the way around.