𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟹: 𝙱𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚋𝚘𝚗 𝙱𝚕𝚞𝚎𝚜

"Welcome to the party officially, Sarah Hopper," Mike congratulated One after she explained her recent discovery and the encounter with Dr

"Welcome to the party officially, Sarah Hopper," Mike congratulated One after she explained her recent discovery and the encounter with Dr. Brenner to the rest of the group. They were gathered at Hopper's cabin to strategize on how to save James.

Mike, Will, Dustin, Lucas, Max, and Eleven crowded around One and embraced her in a group hug. Joyce and Hopper hung back with smiles on their faces and Steve moved in for his own hug after the group dispersed.

"So, are you guys like a couple now?" Lucas asked, eyeing up One and Steve as their hug lingered. The two immediately blushed and put some distance between each other.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about..." Steve stammered. His voice didn't do well to hide his embarrassment. He had been hoping for a better time to reveal that information to the rest of the party.

"Dustin told us," Max spoke up.

Steve looked sharply at his little curly-haired companion in the corner, making it Dustin's turn to glow beet red. "Henderson," Steve scolded.

"Sorry, I was excited for you guys," Dustin tried to defend himself.

"Anyways," Hopper coughed in an attempt to steer the conversation back on track. "The only way we're going to be able to beat Brenner is if we draw him out of the Upside Down and onto our turf."

"How do we do that?" Joyce asked.

"Me," One answered. "I'll open a portal and act as bait."

"How do we know that will work?"

"He wants me," One continued to explain. "If I stand far enough outside the portal he'll leave it to get to me. And if he's reluctant, then El steps in to pull him out." One looked to Eleven, who gave her a decisive nod.

"And that's where we come in?" Will asked.

"Yes," One nodded. "We'll need help trapping him."

"But how?" Lucas asked.

"What if we rig a net above the portal?" Mike proposed. "And then when Brenner steps under it we pull it down on top of him?"

"Sounds pretty Scooby-Doo, but it could work..." Dustin mused.