33 | Counter Attack

"There's the door" General Skywalker pointed his finger towards the sealed door at the end of the hall where Jedi Master Piell was being held against his will "Fives and Echo will enter first and take out any droids

"There's the door" General Skywalker pointed his finger towards the sealed door at the end of the hall where Jedi Master Piell was being held against his will "Fives and Echo will enter first and take out any droids. There shouldn't be that many of them to worry about" the two troopers nodded at the orders and prepared their weapons for attack. Master Piell was undoubtedly present in the cell, the Jedi could sense him through the walls.

Dakota remained behind, keeping watch as Ahsoka opened the cell door and the ARC troopers rolled in, firing relentlessly at the droids present. Master Even Piell was suspended in the air by his wrists and ankles, right in the middle of being interrogated for his secret information on the nexus route. Once all of the droids had been destroyed, Anakin entered with his blue saber unsheathed and he cut the Master down from the bondage. He lowered him to the ground gently and rested him against the wall "Master Piell, are you alright?" Obi-wan asked, handing him a spare lightsaber.

"Obi-wan" Master Piell sighed breathlessly, taking the saber from his hand "What took you guys so long?"

"At least your sense of humor is still intact" Anakin helped the Master to his feet.

"It takes more than they got to break me, young Skywalker" Piell assured.

"So you have the coordinates for the nexus route?" Anakin asked.

"I got them, all right, half of them anyway. My captain's got the other half. I erased the computers when we were boarded and had both of us memorize part of the intel. That way, if somehow I cracked-" Piell kicked the decapitated head of the droid that had been interrogating him "-the information would be useless to them without the other half"

"Where's your captain?" Obi-wan stood up.

"Being held with the other officers, I assume" Piell replied, turning his attention to the other Jedi who remained standing in the hallway "Dakota, I figured you'd come on this mission" Piell spoke up to her. She broke her concentration away from keeping watch on their flank and glanced down to the Jedi Master who was strolling towards her, holding the lightsaber tightly in his grasp "considering that you still have a bone to pick with me"

She scoffed, biting the corner of her lip as she looked away "of all the conversations that we could have right now Master Piell, of all the conversations"

"I'm intrigued" Obi-wan rubbed his beard, wanting to know more of what this vague dialogue between them was about.

She motioned her thumb over her shoulder and nodded her head to the side "I'm glad to see that you're alright Master" she said genuinely "but... I think we should get going"