Chapter 32

Blair woke up the next morning to the sound of her phone ringing in her ear

Blair woke up the next morning to the sound of her phone ringing in her ear. Popchik was asleep at the foot of her bed, opening his sleepy eyes at the sound. Sighing, she reached over to answer it without even looking at the Caller ID, "Hello?"

"Happy birthday cover girl!" A familiar voice laughed on the other end of the line.

Blair sat up in bed, rubbing her eyes, "Donna? What are you talking about?"

"Oh, you haven't checked the news have you?" Donna asked, all the amusement and excitement leaving her voice.

"I just woke up, no, I haven't checked the news." She yawned, her brain not clicking right away.

"You might want to do that quickly before Dick finds out."

Those words snapped her awake, a familiar sinking feeling in her chest, "Finds out what?"

"Turn on a TV or open a webpage."

Blair walked over to her desk, opening up an internet browser on her laptop. The first story to show up was one with her name in the title, causing her to gasp loudly as she scrolled through the article. The first picture to appear was one of her holding Jason's hand as they tried to walk past the paparazzi, the second being Jason attacking the photographer that had grabbed her.

"Blair Wilde's Wild Night Out with New Bad Boy Boyfriend?!?" She read out loud. "What the fuck?!?"

"Yeah... that's trending." Donna informed her.

Blair put her hand to her head. It was only 10:30 in the morning and she was already stressed. What kind of 20th birthday was this going to be? "No, no, that's not what happened."

"What did happen?" Donna asked, zero judgement in her voice. At least it was Donna that was breaking the news to her; she had never once judged Blair and she always let Blair explain the situation before she made any conclusions.

"Jules planned this night out for my birthday and the paparazzi showed up and this guy grabbed me so Jason threw a punch. That's it." Blair explained, sighing loudly. As if sensing her stress, Popchik jumped off her bed, nudging her leg with his nose.

"Who's Jason?"

"A friend! That's it!" She exclaimed, her heart beating fast. If she had to explain that one more time, she might take a swan dive off the Gotham Bridge.

"God, I forget that Blair Wilde is a famous socialite. I guess when you've seen her break a vase in the Titans Tower while playing football with Hank, that kinda goes away." Donna teased, trying to make light of the situation. "Just get Bruce to get rid of it. Have him call Clark or something."