Chapter Twenty-Four

Goro felt different. Smaller... weaker...

He was on his back, staring up at the ceiling. He could hear rain hitting against a window. It sounded oddly satisfying. Little hums left his mouth on their own.

'Wait a second... I'm dreaming...?'

He tried to look around more. Everything was kinda blurry, like he was half blind.

'This doesn't feel like my Palace... where's Loki?'

Goro opened his mouth and tried to talk. All that came out were unintelligible moans and squeals. Confused, he rolled on his stomach and tried to push himself up. His hands were shaking a lot, like they were full of spasms.

VVVVVVRRRRRRRRR!!

A loud sound hit his eardrums. Startled, Goro's forehead hit the ground as he covered his ears. Whines escape his lips as he felt an unfamiliar pain. It was enough to make him want to cry.

'Wait... that's a blender! Why is a god damn blender bothering me like this?!'

Goro screamed unintentionally at where ever the noise was coming from. He heard a voice somewhere; a woman yelling at someone to 'turn it off' and 'his headphones aren't on', what was that about?

   Some hands touched his back. Goro swatted them away, afraid. The noise stopped. A woman quietly shushed him and picked him up. Goro was struggling but had no idea why, this person was trying to help him, why was he resisting?

   "It's ok, little one... it's ok, don't panic..."

Goro didn't recognize her voice, yet she sounded trustworthy. The woman laid his head against her chest, quietly humming to him as she stroked his back and hair. Goro began to stop whining. Feeling calmer, he sucked on his thumb and shut his eyes, taking in the warmth of the woman's chest and listening to her heartbeat; it was soothing like the rain.

"Mama, mama?" a little voice from a child floated past his ear.

"Hold on, mummy's taking care of your brother, be patient,"

Goro didn't remember any of this. Yet he didn't mind either.

'This dream feels different... what does it mean...?'

The thick warmth of the atmosphere was dying down. He was waking up. As Goro felt everything fade from his grasp, he heard another voice speaking in an undertone.

'Don't forget, don't forget, don't forget...'

————

Akira and Goro didn't feel any different upon waking up. They both laid stiff and in pain for about an hour, then Akira managed to sit up, stretching his arms over his head and groaning.

    "... want me to make some coffee?"

   "Please,"

   Akira pushed himself off the mattress, hissing at a slight pain creeping up his back, and pulled on a shirt before leaving the bedroom. Goro took another few minutes to get up himself—the dream he had was still on his mind.

   'Don't forget...? What is it I'm forgetting?' he wondered.

   Goro shook his head when he got up, instantly regretting it when his brain thundered against his skull. He pulled open the nightstand drawer and took out a bottle of Advils, setting them down to get on a shirt and sweatpants. He glanced at the clock, surprised to see it was only 10:45. He felt like they had been asleep longer.