XXVII

Seated on the edge of the bed, Hoseok's face was illuminated by the soft glow of his phone

Seated on the edge of the bed, Hoseok's face was illuminated by the soft glow of his phone. The sun had set over the horizon and had given way to the darkness of the night. In the small motel room, the light flickered on and off like some sick horror movie, so most of the group took comfort in having Hoseok around incase the power failed. 

Peering over Hoseok's shoulder, Aurora watched on as Hoseok tapped away at his phone screen, booking their train tickets back into Seoul for as soon as possible. He drew his lower lip between his teeth as he anxiously searched for free seating positions on the train, ultimately letting out a tired sigh when he realised that they weren't going to be able to all sit on the same carriage. He booked the tickets anyway, switching off his phone and tossing it against the duvet, "Sorry guys." Hoseok groaned, leaning back on his hands, "I booked the tickets, but three of us won't be able to sit in the same carriage." he explained, earning a frown from Aurora who was sitting behind him. 

Seated on the second bed, Yoongi gave a careless shrug, "I'm fine with sitting alone if it allows me to focus on my music more." 

Seokjin too decided to take one of the tickets, "I'm fine with sitting alone too... it's not like we need to all be together."

Seokjin had a point, but Hoseok couldn't shake the feeling of fear when all of them weren't in a group. Like if something went wrong, they'd all have a better chance together. He didn't want to be cornered alone, not like that day he was out dancing on the streets. The blinding headlights, the pain he felt as he was hit and thrown to the floor by that car, and the terrifying feeling of heat and energy surging through him when he used his ability for the first time was still raw in his memory. 

Seated on the floor, Jimin gave a small smile, "I don't mind either then, after all, I'm still technically the most human right now having not awoken my ability." he pointed out, still slightly annoyed that he was the only powerless person in the room. 

Hoseok gave a reluctant nod in approval. "Alright then, I guess that means Aurora, Jungkook and I are sitting together." he spoke up, "But first, we should get some sleep... the train leaves at six in the morning which means we'll arrive back in Seoul just after nine?" he guessed, assuming the travel time was going to be the same as it was before.

"Slight problem..." Yoongi piped up, patting against the second bed, "There're only two double beds, so two of us don't have a place to sleep."

"I can stay up." Seokjin announced, making his way over to the corner of the room as he took a seat on one of the leather chairs, "Technically I don't even need much sleep, so go ahead... you're all human after all." 

"I don't mind either." Yoongi spoke up, surprising Hoseok with his sudden words. Yoongi ran a hand through his raven hair, his silver earrings catching on the light, "I got some sleep earlier, and staying up shouldn't be too much of an issue if I can just sleep on the train tomorrow." he said, moving aside as he gestured towards the bed. "So go ahead..." turning on his feet, Yoongi headed towards the door of the motel, latching a hand against the handle, "I'll be outside for a bit." he said, giving a soft smile as he opened the door. The wind hit him with great force, tousling his hair into a mess and sending his clothing billowing around his slender form, but like always, the cold didn't bother him in the slightest, so he headed outside.