10. First Date

Monday rolled around quickly for Hermione. Still reeling from her visit from Rose two nights before, she hesitantly walked into the office building.

"Morning Rose!" She spoke, giving her a polite wave and walking over to her desk. Rose didn't even get up from her chair like she usually did. Instead, she stayed sitting, with one hand clutching the side of her head. "Hey Hermione."

"Are you okay Rose?" Hermione mused.

"Yeah, I'm okay, I think I hit my head over the weekend. I have the worst headache. I can't even remember my date!"

Suddenly it clicked. Draco Malfoy you slimy, scheming little cockroach. As politely as she could she backed away from Rose towards the elevator. "Oh no, Rose. I'm sorry to hear that! Let me come down at lunch so we can chat some more." And with that, she disappeared into the elevator.

As soon as the elevator opened, she marched down the corridor towards Draco's office, swearing under her breath. The door swung open by itself and she stormed inside.

"You- OH!"

Hermione stopped. His office had been completely transformed. The curtains were closed so the room would have been completely dark if it weren't for the delicate string lights hanging from the ceiling and the twinkling bubbles floating around the room. The office was filled with every type of plant and flower Hermione could think of. Everything from huge, gorgeous, sweeping ferns to small, delicate pots of the prettiest smelling flowers shimmered lightly, as if a light breeze was rustling their leaves. If Hermione hadn't known any better, she might have thought she had just walked in to a lush garden.

And there, in the centre of the room, lounging gorgeously on a plush picnic rug covered in pillows was Draco.

Smiling sheepishly, with his eyes glistening he whispered, "do you like it?"

Hermione couldn't find any words. She slowly walked in, trying to take in everything she could around her. Reaching Draco in the middle of the room she sat down and nodded her head excitedly.

Draco's small smile filled his whole face. He waved his wand and an array of food came floating out of nowhere and landed softly in between them. Draco offered her a glass of champagne which she took.

"Draco," How did you-"

"Know? Well a little blonde birdy told me." He winked at her cheekily as he took a sip of his champagne. Hermione finally found her voice again.

"I knew it! It was you, wasn't it! You didn't take Rose out on a date! You confunded her and used her hair for a Polyjuice Potion!"

Draco chuckled guiltily while he studied Hermione.

"Are you upset by that?" He asked sincerely.

"Well no," she said, "I mean I was when I heard you were taking her out on a date! But, in the creepiest way possible I think it was really sweet." She gestured to the room around her, "I mean, if you hadn't done it then you would have never known that this is my absolute dream of a date." She realised suddenly with shock horror "But it also means you heard everything I said about you." She groaned in embarrassment, knowing that she had told 'Rose' about her deepest feelings for Draco.

Draco sat up, with one knee up he tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear, recognising instantly her discomfort. "I'm sorry for fooling you Hermione," he murmured. He went to pull his hand away from her face, but she kept it there with hers. He continued, "It was the most dishonest thing to do. I just couldn't think of any other way to get you to tell me how you felt about me. I wanted to make sure I did this right."

Hermione blushed, although she was horrified at what she had told Draco when he was Rose, she deeply appreciated what he was trying to do. "Well," she giggled nervously "you could have just asked."

"Yeah," he laughed," because the Hermione Granger would have willingly told the world her feelings for the Draco Malfoy who both have spent the last 15 years of their lives despising each other!"

She smiled to herself, knowing that he was exactly right. Draco's hand returned to softly stroking her face. Hermione held his hand in place on her cheek and interlocked her fingers with his, "I'm sure it would have been a different story if you had asked me to show you how I feel..."

She leaned in slowly for a kiss and he met her in the middle. They had kissed before, but this was different. This kiss wasn't fuelled by anger. It wasn't rough or passionate. It was soft and sweet. Draco held Hermione's face delicately as he kissed her deeper, appreciating, for the first time, how lovely her hair smelt, how her lips felt on his, the way she giggled when he bit her lip softly. He ran a hand down the curves of her waist, marvelling at how impossibly soft her skin was. He could have burst into tears at how happy he was, sharing this beautifully, perfect moment with Hermione Granger.