Chapter 33

Blair and Jason walked into her old house, Popchik following at their feet

Blair and Jason walked into her old house, Popchik following at their feet. For the little pup only being around them for a day, he followed them everywhere, always happy to be with them. Blair thought it was the cutest thing in the world.

Gordon came in through the sliding glass door that led to the backyard, smiling when he saw her, "Happy birthday sweetheart!" Popchik jumped on his leg, his small tail wagging happily. "And who is this?"

"That's Popchik. Jason saved him from the pound for me for my birthday." Blair grinned, nudging Jason lightly with her arm. He hadn't said a word since they got there, nerves finally hitting him. It was unusual, especially seeing as he had already met Jim before and had no problem running his mouth then. Then she remembered that he was also going to be meeting Harvey and Maria, two cops he had never met before. She leaned over and whispered in his ear, "Relax, it's just dinner."

Gordon stood up straight after indulging Popchik's need for attention, "Well, if only Gotham Gazette knew how much Jason cares about strays, maybe they'd call him a model citizen."

Blair winced, despite the fact that she knew Jim was just joking. Jason also tensed up next to her, having first-hand seen what damage the headlines had caused this morning. Jim noticed the sudden change in their mood, putting his hands up, "I'm kidding, whatever you did to the photographer, no doubt he deserved."

"Well, I'm going to give Jason the tour." Blair changed the subject. "Do you need help with anything?"

"Honey, it's your birthday dinner of hotdogs and hamburgers. I think I can handle it." Jim laughed.

"I'm just checking. Oh, toss a hotdog out for Popchik. He loves those." She suggested before taking Jason's hand and tugging him up the stairs.

They were halfway up the stairs when Jason gave her an amused smile, "How do you know Popchik likes hotdogs? He's only been here for a day."

"Because I fed him some of those little sausages that Alfred has in the freezer as a midnight snack last night." She grinned, stopping in front of her old bedroom door, covered in stickers and a poster for the band Against the Current. Pushing open the door, she walked into the small room, "And this is what I lived like before I moved into the mansion."

Jason looked around the room, taking in the towers of books that didn't fit on her one bookshelf, the movies the littered the small entertainment center, the two windows that made the room glow. On the walls there were posters much like the ones she had put on the wall in her bedroom back at the mansion; posters for movies like The Lost Boys and Mystic Pizza, posters for people like All Time Low, The Beatles, and of course Stevie Nicks. Mixed in with the posters were pictures of her with her family when she was a kid, pictures of her with Jules and Matty, her with Dick and four other older people that he could only assume were the Titans.