Thirteen

"I signed the papers." I broke the silence as me and Voight walked towards the cage. "Trudy's getting them prioritised, so by tomorrow I will officially be a Voight." I smiled up at him as his face broke out in a smile of his own.

"The way it should've always been." He nodded holding the door open for me to step out in the open space first, noticing the unfazed looking guy handcuffed and locked in the cage.

"Where's my lawyer?" Baker demanded as soon as he saw us, frowning I looked over at Voight.

"Did you see a lawyer? I don't remember seeing one." I shrugged looking back over my shoulder, Voight shaking his head 'no' with a slight smirk.

"Where's Vance?" Voight deadpanned as he stood on the other side of the wire fence, staring down at Baker.

"I dunno man, where's my lawyer?" He said back sarcastically making Voight laugh slightly before he nodded his head and unlocked the cage door.

"You're not getting a lawyer till you tell me where your little friend is." Voight said lowly as he stepped closer to Baker.

"I don't know where he is." He shrugged before receiving a back handed slap from Voight, the echo of skin hitting skin making me wince slightly, that's gotta burn.

"Where is he?" I asked leaning on the cage door frame as I looked down at the man, receiving a blank look in reply I looked at Hank with a brow raised and he smacked him again, making him cry out in pain.

Sighing, Voight reached into his pocket and pulled out a small knife, grabbing Bakers chin he forced him to look up as he took the knife to his ear, slowly adding more pressure making Baker panic, looking back and forth between us.

"You can't let him do this! This is against the law!" He yelled at me making me and Voight laugh.

"Hey, he's the boss." I shrugged holding my hands up. "His rules, I'm afraid." I sighed sarcastically.

"Stop man stop! I know where he is!" He cried as Voight presses the knife down harder, leaving a small trail of blood around his ear.

"Where is he?" Voight growled as he pulled away slightly, keeping the knife pointing towards him.

"We're supposed to meet at the Navy Pier." He mumbled, Voight shoving him into the wall slightly before wiping his knife and leaving the cage locking it behind him.

———————

"I got him heading towards the boats." Adam's voice came through coms we searched the pier for Neil Vance. "He's spotted me, he's got a hostage." He said quietly.

"Ready?" I asked Erin just as we took off running in the direction of Adam, soon spotting him standing with his gun pointed at Vance who held a woman with a gun to her head, pulling out our own guns we slowly stepped forwards until Vance noticed us, repositioning himself so that the woman was blocking him from us and Adam.

"Come on man, put the gun down." Adam called out trying to defuse the situation. "She didn't do anything, let her go."

"I don't have a shot." Jays voice came through, him and Al sitting on higher ground with snipers.

"I got a shot." Al said, seconds later after the go ahead from Voight, a bullet flew down hitting Vance in the head spraying his blood on the side of the woman's face as she broke free from his grasp and collapsed in my arms.

"Hey, it's over, you're okay." I said quietly as I quickly lead her away from the scene, she didn't need to see that any longer than she already had, and taking her over to the waiting Ambo.