Camellia Blooms - FIFTEEN

Camellia

Why do we feel love?

Do we need it?

Why do we suffer from love?

Is it just a phase from our life?

Ah, what a pain.

Love is just another word wrapped in a special wrapper and after receiving it, you will just throw it away.

Love is fleeting.

Love means nothing.

So why do I feel like I've lost everything once I lost him?

I'm tired of feeling this way, I'm really tired.

I want to sleep.

Yeah, let's just sleep this thing called love.

...

I didn't know where I was going, all I knew was I needed air to breathe.

It still hurts.

It's been years and even in my past, he still haunts me.

How could I forget him? How could I leave his shadow?

Taking a deep breath, I look out at the sky. I'm in the rooftop, I decided that it's the best place to be especially if I feel down.

I wanted to look at the sky, to look for a silver lining in this rough situation I am in.

If I look down, the people look like ants, small and too many of them. I was so scared if failing in highschool that I try to learn everything, try to catch up to everyone.

But instead, I became a fool.

I was a fool.

No longer a fool now.

Bzzt.

My phone vibrated, that's right, I bought a phone. I don't like to be unaware of my parents anymore, I want to be connected to them.

I don't want to bekniwn for being the most studious student in this class and then fail them at the end, I want to succeed.

And for that, I need to forget.

...

"I thought our homeroom teacher wants to announce something?" I ask with a confused face.

Yuu said that our homeroom teacher wants to announce something so I didn't linger too much and head straight out of the rooftop.

"Oh, he came but then he's gone" he wasn't looking away from me, but he's rubbing his thumbs together, and it's a habit for him when he lies.

"Uh-huh, and I'm the flower fairy" it was a folktale on our street, he bursted into laughter's and I glared at him.

"Fine, you just...you look tensed" he said awkwardly and I couldn't help but soften my stance on him.

"I...I was just a bit...tired" he stood up abruptly "But I'm fine! Really!" I added as I push his body on his seat.

This boy!

I was about to gently coax him by petting his hair when I remember his kiss from the future. Blushing beet red, I ignored his confused look on me and sat down.

Really! This isn't just my best friend, he's a boy too! How could I forget that?

Our teacher finally came and asked us to open our textbook. My hand moved on its own and open the small drawer under my desk and right there and then I saw a stem.

I gave a bad feeling and when I finally took it out, my hands tremble in fear.

It was a Camellia flower.

The flowers that I had received from my past, it piqued my interest and soon, I found my answer.

But it made my whole life a living hell.

And as I look at my trembling hand, the flower fell down and I took it, looking up, I see a familiar face.

It was him.

***

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!