Chapter 100

Sidney

A few days had passed with me having taken over as alpha of the Shaw or Blake pack as the boys were teasingly calling themselves now. The Alvalrado's had congratulated my claiming of the title and the boys and were all very happy for us, even little Ruby. I liked the little rescue pup quite a bit but not nearly as much as Madison, seeing how her twins played with the little gem of a girl she had claimed her as he own. The Alvalrado men had caved easily enough and Ruby was overjoyed at being adopted into a pack where she'd have siblings and parents that would love her after we'd found out she'd been orphaned. 

It took a bit more persuasion to convince Rose especially that it was the best option for Ruby, it had come down to a brief fight between the four of us in the end. I had taught Rose a well deserved lesson with my teeth this time and Sarah caved easily to her spar with a very motherly Madison. I had begun losing my patience fairly quickly with Rose, Sarah had accepted my claim on the boys but Rose pushed at boundaries that threatened to end in her very near death. I knew I had to get them gone quick and I had sent a message out after returning from that claiming run and the next day I'd gotten a response. My connections agreed to take them both and offer them protection as long as they desired it and I had everything settled within the hour, the meet up would be a wary one but they would be waiting for us.

 When Mads learned of my continued secrecy and that I had gained the approval of bringing my friends and pack she had insisted they tag along for the mysterious meet up. Nate had refused at first until I explained that there wasn't a safer place for Mads and the pups to visit than where we were going, he begrudgingly agreed they would all go. So quite a few passports, plane tickets, dog sitters and a little cold weather packing later both our packs and the two rescued females were on our way to Alaska. The only place with enough hidden and untamed wilderness to hide one of the biggest secrets I'd ever come across since my time of my escape to freedom.

 "So you're really not going to give us any hints at all?!" Mads asked in outrage for the billionth time as we rented a few off road vehicles and some camping gear for the trip. "No I'm not, giving it away now would ruin the surprise when you see it for yourself." I wink to her grumbles. "It's cold, but not unbearable at least." Rose huffed her own annoyance, I kept my mouth shut that she should wait till winter before she had any real say in it. The journey was a long ride even after we'd gotten off the roads and into the off-road bits. "Stop here, we won't be able to take the vehicles any farther anyway. We'll hike and run from here, carry only what you can because we're leaving everything else, we need to get moving if we're going to get our camp before the dark hours, not many of them but still." I stated. 

"You mean we're camping out here?" Sarah squeaked nervously. "That's kind of the point of the camping gear, don't worry we won't let the bears eat you." I huffed as I grabbed my share of gear and started leading the way towards the destination few survivors knew of. It took hours and I helped carry the pups every now and then to let their legs rest, and we stopped a few times to let them enjoy the view and the animals in the distance. When we got to the campsite I gave out the orders on how to set it up as I put up the electric solar powered perimeter fencing that would protect whatever food and things we had from the surrounding wildlife. "It's beautiful here even if it is a bit on the wild side." Colton remarked softly.

 "I lived here for a few months once, some with the connections I'm taking you to meet and some amongst the natural wildlife here, both I enjoyed but it wasn't a place I could see myself in long term." I shrugged, it had certainly been fun though. "But you do like to visit?" Asher questioned softly and I smiled back. "Yes, I enjoy the wildlife and the habitat enough that I'm glad I had a reason to come back and see it all again." I sighed out honestly, it really was beautiful despite it's hidden dangers. "Maybe we'll make up another reason to come back and visit again in the future." Daniel stated even as he looked to me for agreement.