C H A P T E R 2

° ° °

"And don't even think about running away again."

Escape is an understatement for Lisa. And running away is not the best option that she could think of right now.

She was able to make an excuse to her boss on why does she have to go unexpectedly. At first, Mr. Kim wasn't pleased because it would be rude if she would leave them with the dinner still not done.

But soon she managed to make him agree and let her go. Thinking that it must've been really an emergency for her to leave urgently.

Her thoughts were cut off when the car stopped. Indicating that they have arrived.

Lisa looked at her surroundings as she unbuckled her seatbelt. They were in a parking lot inside a building. VIP section.

Jungkook was the first one to get out and Lisa hurriedly followed suit.

The both of them walked towards the elevator—the sound of her clunking heels echoing to the floor.

Once they were inside, Lisa asked the first question that entered her mind.

"My brothers... didn't send you here, right?" although she thinks that it's impossible that they could've found out where she is, still, she needs to be sure.

Jungkook almost let out a chuckle at her question but decided not to because she seemed very serious.

He straightens up his posture without stealing a glance at her. "I was aiming at your boss. Clearly, that answers your question."

Lisa couldn't help but purse her lips at this.

It only means that they still haven't found her yet. And meeting with Jeon Jungkook tonight is just a coincidence.

She secretly eyed Jungkook with one eyebrow raised.

Well he's handsome, yes. But not handsome enough to tempt her. His body and built are perfect for his tall height. But he also has this intimidating aura that would make you want to distance yourself from him.

"Staring is rude, Miss Sin. Why not just take a picture and fantasize me at your home?"

She immediately averted her gaze from him. "I wasn't staring."

The corner of his lips tugged up at her cute reaction.

"No, just looking." he said teasingly.

The young woman rolled her eyes in irritation and decided to shut her mouth.

After passing to a few more floors, they have finally reached the penthouse.

As they stood out, Lisa was left speechless.

Everything from his penthouse screams 'luxury'. The appliances are expensive as well. You can really tell how wealthy this man is.

Jungkook removed his coat and carried it to his arm.

"Feel free to look around. I'll be back in a minute."

She only nod as an answer and started to wander her eyes around while making her way towards the big glass window that shows the beautiful view of Melbourne.

Moments later, a long sigh escaped her lips.

Maybe meeting with Jungkook is really just a coincidence, but she has this uneasy feeling that makes her over-think things.

Like, what if one of her brothers really sent him? What if this is a trap to make her come back? What if it's time for her to return to her family?