TWENTY SEVEN - HPBD CYAN

Ron stepped down from the treadmill after his twenty minute endurance run, grabbing the towel that was draped over his shoulder to wipe away the sweat from his forehead

Ron stepped down from the treadmill after his twenty minute endurance run, grabbing the towel that was draped over his shoulder to wipe away the sweat from his forehead. Meek Mill blasted through his AirPods - giving him the motivation he needed to push out his early morning workout; The drinking was catching up to him, and most importantly slowing down his body and that was the worse news to a health nut.

Ron told himself for the rest of his stay, he was focusing strictly on business and networking - and leaving the partying to the youngins. He was only in his early thirties himself, but his body just couldn't keep up anymore.

He unstrapped his phone from the arm carrier, taking it off do not disturb; Immediately getting a call from his wife who had been blowing him up only to get his voicemail.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't see your call." Ron answered his phone.

He immediately heard Marley suck her teeth, telling him the attitude was coming.

"You won't be satisfied until I stop calling you altogether. Do I have to catch a flight out to Cali?" She spat through the phone.

"C'mon boo I don't need you coming down here to embarrass me like I'm one of the kids." Ron insisted, "You know I be busy. But speaking of kids, how are they?"

"They miss you. Just like I do." Marley admitted with a sigh.

"Is that why yo' lil ass so cranky these days? I thought we had that talk before I left."

"I know, I know. Still...it doesn't make it easier."

Ron stepped out of the gym, the sun shining over him and causing him to cover his eyes.

"Well if it makes you feel better I miss you too, too much actually. A nigga gotta beat his meat three times a day just to keep sane. Keep sending me them pictures I like too."

"Not if you don't answer my phone calls I won't. You ain't that busy, I see you on Instagram acting like a single thot. I can't wait to go on vacation and act the same damn way." Marley only half joked.

"Mhh hmm, and get your ass whooped." Ron laughed, "What you up to though?"

"Getting the kids ready for Cyan's birthday party. Don't tell me you forgot your own nephew's birthday?"

Ron ran his hand down his face, "Damn, don't tell Nico. You know he's sensitive about shit like that. Where's the party at?"

"Fun-plex. I'm going to drop them off and then take Micah to his little friend's house...anything to get him in a better mood."

"My boy still heartbroken huh?"

"You would've thought his ass was going through a divorce. Walking around here moping like it hasn't been weeks."

Ron shook his head with a chuckle. Micah was another one that he missed a lot. With one month down, Ron had one more to go and he would be home much richer and happier.