F O R T Y - E I G H T

She went back to her old school, feeling a wave of sadness, knowing that she isn't back to her old school. Ever since she received a letter from the trio, in which they told her that they got help from the Order of the Phoenix, she have been waiting for them to rescue her. Even though, she haven't heard this Order of the Phoenix, she knew that she will be in good hands.

She also found out about Harry's hearing about him performing magic outside of school.

Y/n took a stroll around the school grounds before going to her classes. She knew where to go since she studied here for 2 years and after those two years, she decided to study at Hogwarts, where both of her father and mother studied there.

As she was walking around, some familiar faces waved at her direction, flashing their perfect aligned teeth.

She waved back and continued walking. Some of the students greeted her and asked if she wanted to go with them— of course, she declined. The reason why she turned down their offers is not because the idea of replacing the trio, but she don't want to get attached to them. The only person she knew from Beauxbatons is her friend, Linus Alarie. The guy she liked when she was in her first year.

Plus, he's the one who danced with her at the grand Ball that her father held in their Manor, and coincidentally, Draco happened to be there, which resulting the pair to glare at each other.

Suddenly, someone tapped on her shoulder, causing her to halt in her tracks. She turned around to see who it was. It was her good old friend, Linus. He looked at her as if he have won a lot of goodies. He trapped y/n between in his arm, not wanting to her her go at the moment.

"Linus! Can't breathe!" she spoke, as she try to push Linus away from her. Linus chuckled and pulled away from the hug.

"I'm surprised that you're here!" exclaimed Linus, "What're you doing here?"

Her face dropped when he asked her that. She knows the answer to that, but she don't want to say in front of him. So, she had to come up with a lie.

"I have to break away from all the the things that happened last year." Linus nod his head, believing in her. He knew what exactly happened and it was truly unbelievable and devastating.

There was a long silence between them, but the silence was broke when y/n realised that it was already time for her class. Linus offered her to escort her all the way to her room. Y/n accepted it.

Later on, y/n was now in her room, ignoring the judgmental looks from her classmates. She silently prayed that this day would be over even though it haven't started yet.

Her mind drifted off and began thinking about her friends back at Hogwarts, and lastly who else could forget the famous blonde boy? She always thought of him even though the two of them haven't exchanged letters during the whole summer. And now thinking it, she might even write him a letter once this class is finally over.

I wonder if he thinks of me?

The class has begun and she finally took all the strength to listen to her professor. At first, she was determined to listen, but then as the time passes by, she was bored by her teacher. The first reason is that the class wasn't exciting at all— it was pure torture. Second, her professor is speaking so slow. Two things that shouldn't be in class.

She envied the trio that they might have a cool new teacher in Hogwarts. That is what she think as of the moment.

As she looked around that the students were not interested. Half of the students were not listening and some of them were drawing random shapes whilst listening to their professor.

And so, Y/n began scribbling on her parchment. After writing, she finally noticed on what she wrote, and she was regretting it. Her cheeks redden at the sight, she wasn't paying enough attention to what she was doing, and now, the parchment was full of Draco Lucius Malfoy.

She crumpled the parchment and sighed to herself, completely embarrassed the fact she's definitely missing Draco right now.

Speaking of present matters, she asked herself, What is the trio doing now? Does Draco know that I'm no longer in Hogwarts? Tons of question popped in her mind, eager to know what is going on back at Hogwarts.

-

The trio just got off the train. It was weird for them not to be seen as four. Without y/n, the ride was awfully quiet. Harry have been silent throughout the whole ride and Ron and Hermione tried to engage themselves with an interesting topic to talk about.

Harry felt somewhat happy, knowing that all charges on him was now declared cleared. But also, a pang of sadness when he knew that y/n wasn't with them today. The plan of escaping y/n was taking too long— too long if you asked Ron about it.

When the order found out about y/n they finally agreed on it, and Molly was terribly worried for her. The twins and Ginny found out; they can't stop blabbering and complaining that they are taking so slow to get her out.

Also, Sirius told them that the process is going to take long since he knew Proteus very well. He knew that y/n's father have some "people" working for him. "This might take a while, but let's hope that this is going to work." was all Sirius told them over and over again whenever the kids are complaining about why they are taking so slow.

When the trio were walking, a boy passed by with his two cronies walking beside him. He scrunched his forehead, noticing that y/n isn't there with Potter and his companion.

Over the summer, he badly want to write her a letter, but his father won't stop pestering all over him by ordering him around their Manor, and that made Draco busy all the time. Even though he was keeping himself busy, he always thought of y/n and only her. No one else.

If he had written a letter to her then all he could he write about is how he wanted to meet her, how he wanted to tell her about everything he'd done during summer. In short words, he missed y/n. There won't be a day that he's not thinking about her. All he could do is lay and wishes that she is here right now beside. But of course, he remembered that he used the word 'if'.

If only father didn't make me busy during the whole summer then I would have owl y/n.

Little did he know, y/n was also thinking the same about writing him a letter. She wasn't busy at all, but instead, she was too scared that she might not receive a letter from him.

Draco put on smug look on his face. The news about Harry spreads like a wildfire. He also knew about him using magic outside of school— Draco was annoyed that little Potter didn't go to Azkaban.

"Did Alpheratz wrote you a letter today?" asked Ron to Hermione, who only shook her head no.

Draco overheard their conversation, causing him to wander who on earth is Alpheratz?

"I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free, Potter," spat Draco, the two boys behind his back laughed. "I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it."

Harry was about to launch himself to Malfoy, but good thing Ron was there to stop him before the two of them could break each other's neck.

Draco scoffed and walked away from the trio.

Complete lunatic. Draco thought and called out Crabbe and Goyle. They moved forward, and Draco couldn't stop thinking where y/n went. He did not see y/n walking beside his enemies. He also did not see y/n in one of the carriages. This led him to think the impossible things that could bring harm to her.

She is safe, right? He asked himself before sitting on the chair.

Back to the trio, students also have wandered why Harry, Ron, and Hermione isn't complete. Usually at the start of school they would see them complete with y/n. And now seeing that she wasn't here, rumors spread out. One told the other that she got abducted by you-know-who. Some rumor also spread out that she was getting sick and tired of this place.

The trio laughed when they heard all of the silly stories about their friend. All of the rumors were completely nonsense and idiotic. Only them, the order,  and the weasley family know the actual reason.

And Draco is determined to know where she went.