Chapter 48 - My Family

Sierra's POV

I was laying in bed on my side. I've been awake for quite some time. Nico was still asleep and throughout the night he landed up with his back towards me, slightly touching my enlarged belly.

For some reason, it still all feels like a dream. We've been married for 2 months now and I'm entering into my 25th week of the pregnancy. It has been absolute bliss.

I began running my fingers along his arm then caressing the side of his neck which was causing him to stir slightly. As I did this, I could feel that familiar butterfly fluttering effect happening inside of me. She's moving around.

Nico shifted a bit, preparing himself to turn over to face me when a very distinctive movement escaped my belly and impacted against his back. He froze for a bit before rolling his body halfway to look at me.

"What was that?" I could see the excitement in his eyes. He suspected but he needed my confirmation. I smiled affectionately at him before replying.

"Your daughter saying good morning."

He rolled over the rest of the way, propping himself up on his forearm while I shifted onto my back. He pulled down the covers then lifted my tank top. I watched as he placed his hand flat on my belly and remained as still as he could. Not long after, there was another notable kick against his palm and the reaction on his face was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

It was more than just a surprising excitement. It was as if feeling her reacting to him, made it all sink in deeper. Like, it all hit him harder that this was happening and it wasn't going to be taken away from him.

The movements inside my belly were becoming more and more as she heard Nico's voice. He chuckled while caressing my stomach.

"I'm starting to think you're going to be just as feisty as your mother. You are going to give a man a hard time one day and I wouldn't have it any other way." He spoke to her as he lay his head just below my chest.

Major was asleep with Angel in their plush bed on the ground but the second he heard Nico's voice he was on top of ours. He came to kiss my hand before settling with his head on my leg. He watched Nico interacting with our child and when he got a glimpse of her movements, his head would shoot up. After some time, he began playfully barking at my belly. He would spin then bark and the whole time the movements picked up, giving me a heavy sensation on my bladder.

"Oh, you are definitely your mother's child." Nico chuckled before lifting himself to hover over me.

"And you are going to be just as beautiful as her too." He spoke while looking into my eyes.

He dipped his head down and connected our lips, gifting me with a breathtaking kiss. I felt him lower himself over me as he moved from my lips to my jaw, followed by open-mouthed kisses down my neck.

"I love you so fucking much. What did I ever do right to have you and our little girl?" He spoke before planting a few more kisses underneath my earlobe.

I turned my head slightly to unite our lips again, my hands cupping his face this time. He pulled back before kissing me on each cheek, my nose and then my forehead as I giggled away.