queen of disaster | julius novachrono x wife!reader

Author's Note:

In advance, I'd like to say sorry for how crappy this one is. I threw it together and hit the publish button. I'll write a better Julius oneshot in the future.

There's a song called "Queen of Disaster" by Lana Del Rey that I was going to link above, but so many of the videos are getting copyrighted on youtube, so I didn't bother. Just know that the song would've paired with this oneshot. XD

(Y/n) = Your Name

(Y/n) = Your Name

(Y/n)'s Point of View:

I'm a failure. I swear to god, I try my best. Not everyone can get it right, I guess. Being a queen makes me feel...out of place. I deserve to be thrown away in the dungeon. When will they just knock this crown of my head and tell me the truth?! I can handle it.

I hear rumors, but Julius says to pay no mind to them. They call me a hex, a fake, and a mistake. I've earned quite the nickname to go along with these harsh titles. I'm not known as Queen Novachrono, no, that'd be too nice of them. They choose to call me the Queen of Disaster. At first, the name-calling really bothered me. But there comes a time when you numb yourself to all the hurt. No matter how hard you try, there's always someone who'll find any and every reason to hate you.

Right now, I'm playing hide and seek with a few Black Bulls. I invited them to join me at the castle...so I wouldn't be lonely. Every time I have the day off, I hang out with the Magic Knights. Though, there are only a select few who like me.

"Gotcha, Asta!" I exclaimed, startling the said boy. "Next time, don't giggle while you're trying to hide."

"Yeah, sorry, it's just so hard to keep quiet," he laughs sheepishly.

Since he's the first, we still have a long game ahead of us. After a bit of persuading, Asta finally agreed to help me out with the others. The sun's beginning to set, and judging by the size of this castle, I don't think we'll find everyone in time.

"(Y/n), I think I see Noelle in the library," Asta whispers.

That's another thing. We're on a first-name basis, so he's not expected to use any formalities when others aren't around.

"Really? Where?" I ask eagerly.

"Follow me."

We sneak into the library, earning an abundance of judgemental stares. Asta points to a potted plant in the corner of the room. Sure enough, Noelle's standing directly behind it. She hasn't spotted us yet, so we creep closer.

"There you are!" I whisper-shout. We're in a library, after all.

The startled Silva peeks from behind the plant and sighs in disappointment. "But how? My hiding spot was perfect."

"Well, perhaps you should've hidden behind the curtain. Asta wouldn't have spotted you so easily," I advise.

Noelle spins around to give Asta a deadly glare. "I thought we were on the same team, you moron."

As the two of them bicker, I decide to search for my next victim. A part of me wants to use my magic to my advantage, but that's against the rules. Luckily, I can still sense their mana. That said, I thought Asta would've been the most difficult to find.

I sneak away from the library and into the kitchen. I can't sense anyone's mana, so perhaps they're hiding it. I search through the cabinets, eventually coming across a food-loving dwarf.

"Gotcha, Charmy!" I cheer.

I expect her to be really bummed out about being caught, but instead, she offers me a piece of her cupcake. "Want some? It has strawberry icing!"

"You bet!"

While I'm indulging in the sugary treat, I fail to notice a judgemental presence from behind me.

"Queen (Y/n), why am I not surprised?"

Charmy and I freeze in terror. Stuffing the rest of the cupcake into my cheeks, I turn around with an innocent expression.

"Ith juss hime an' sheek," I mutter. The cupcake in my mouth is making it pretty hard to talk.

"Chew your food. I can't hear you," Marx instructs.

Swallowing the remains of cake, I repeat myself. "I said, it's just hide and seek."

"Interesting. But as you were playing your game, the guards were searching for you. King Julius would like to speak with you," he says.

Charmy tunes out our conversation and closes the cabinet door again. I dust off my clothes and stand up.

"What for?"

Marx adverts his eyes and sighs deeply. "There's an angry mob outside and they want your head."

Shit.

~Time Skip~

"Julius? Why are people after my head?!" I exclaim, barging into his office.

His back is facing me as he peers outside the window. He turns around and gestures for me to have a look. Sure enough, there's an angry crowd outside.

"How'd they even get through the gate?" I ask.

"They sorta-kinda forced their way through, I guess," he smiles sheepishly.

Things like this are actually pretty common. There's a group of citizens who hate me with a seething passion. Julius notices my anguish and closes the curtains, obstructing my view of the crowd. He sighs deeply and takes my hand.

"They don't know you like I do, okay? They're just acting on rumors and past occurrences," he claimed.

I know I shouldn't let those people bother me, but I can't help it. If the kingdom doesn't like me, I'm obviously doing something wrong.

"Thanks, Julius...Um, I need to go now. Do you think you can handle the angry mob?" I weakly spoke.

"Yeah, sure," he nods, smiling slightly.

I thank him and exit the room. Immediately, I take off running. I don't know where I'm going, but I know I want to get out of here. That's for certain.

"Queen (Y/n)? What's wrong?" Marx exclaims.

My feet continue to lead me away. Despite the looks of concern, I keep running. Soon, I find myself at the door of the bedroom I share with Julius. Once I stumble inside, I break apart. My head begins to pound profusely from the tension I was holding back. Maybe I should just lock myself away in this room. That way, none of the citizens will have to cast their eyes upon me ever again. I can stay out of sight...and hopefully out of mind.

Distracted by my inner conflict, I don't notice my husband walking in the room. He sits next to me on the bed and gently strokes my hair.

"(Y/n), I sent them back home. They can't bother you," he assures me.

"B-Be honest, Julius. Am I disastrous? Am I a bad influence?" I mutter.

My body is immediately wrapped in a warm embrace. There's a brief silence.

"To be completely honest...you're my favorite person. No one's opinion of you could ever change that," he answers.

Even if I have to be the Queen of Disaster for the rest of my life, at least I know I'll never be a disaster in his eyes. And in the end, that's all that matters.

"...The next time that crowd comes back, can I scare them away?"

"If you're okay with them hating you even more, then sure," he laughs.

"If they want a Queen of Disaster, they'll get a Queen of Disaster."

End.

Author's Note:

Follow @immiim for updates on my upcoming books. ;)

Word Count: 1,183