40

Cortez Payton Akers

Cortez Payton Akers

I ignored Serenity text for the 50th time. She really pissed me off cause damn how the fuck does shit keep "slipping out". Shit doesn't work in this type of relationship. But me being me , I decided to go hear her out.

(317) 321-8762

You better get yo girl
Before I do ...

I scrunched my face up and stuffed my phone in my pocket. I grabbed my keys and rushed out the door.

I sped all the way to Serenity house. Regardless of her ratting me out over and over it's still war over her. I unlocked the door and smelled breakfast food making me smile.

"Serenity." I said blankly as i took my shoes off. No reply. "Serenity!"

"What ?!" She shouted back making me sigh in relief. "What Cortez?"

"I got this weird text." I pulled my phone out and showed her.

"Surprised you still care. Got the same text about you." She spoke making me blink at her with a blank face.

"Yo." I stopped talking and rubbed my temples. "And you don't think that's important to tell me?"

"I only told you about 50th times that i had a weird text but you didn't seem to care."

"Right." I said rolling my eyes and handed her my phone. "Where Serenity."

She rolled her eyes and slid my phone towards me, "I said I had to tell you something."

"I thought you told somebody else something so i ain't think too much of it." I said shrugging. "Can't seem to shut up."

"Cortez. Fuck you." She spat as she started patting the baby back.

"No fuck you." I said back laughing as I grabbed some kool aid.

"Yes go ahead make your asshole self at home."

"If you haven't noticed I was doing it already . thanks though."

"So what we broke up or something? Lemme know." Serenity said with a poker face. I shrugged.

"You wanna be single?"

"Bro what. You brought it up." She said scrunching her face up. "Nevermind. I don't care."

"Whoa whoa you mad cause i'm mad that you keep ratting and running your fucking mouth?" i asked standing up as I walked towards her with the remote in my hand. "is that what you telling me?"

"Fuck out my face right . Whatever. I apologized."

"Mhmm ... yea and that apology makes them forget everything you told them. You see what type of situation you put me in? Cause I don't lie so..." I said something flashed in her eyes so I knew she was getting shitty.