9~ Tackling Old Men in the Park

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"Hang on, where are you going?" Jungkook called out to you.

You didn't answer and continued walking lifelessly out the front door of your apartment.

For a split second conflict contorted Jungkook's features before he decided to scamper after you. "Did you like the photos?" He inquired as he easily caught up to your side.

You didn't reply and merely set off towards the small park a few blocks down from the apartment.

"I told you I was gloriously well-shaped," Jungkook continued proudly.

You kept your gaze carefully fixed on the road ahead, making sure you kept one foot after the other and didn't fall flat on your face.

"Is this another Mortal thing?" Jungkook poked at your shoulder experimentally. You kept walking. "Where are we going?"

To an exorcist. "To the park," you said emphatically.

"Oh good, you didn't go mute." Jungkook broke out into a grin and began skipping eagerly beside you. "I like parks. In Olympus the parks are usually filled with silver and gold trees and there's waterfalls and rivers everywhere. Some of my friends and I would go skinny dipping in the rivers. Always drove the ladies mad."

After that dick pic you saw? You could spiritually understand any of the crazed girls who might've caught a glimpse of Jungkook skinny dipping in the rivers.

"I don't suppose you Mortals go skinny dipping in rivers do you?"

"Sometimes. But you're going to keep all your clothes on and intact, understand? There's little children in the park," you responded.

"In Olympus, little children were generally Cupid's offspring that liked to sit in the trees and hold target practice to the general population below," Jungkook mused. "I remember one of those little pricks managed to hit me and my buddy Taehyung. Turned into a rather awkward night for the both of us."

"Well these little children are actually little children," you informed Jungkook tightly. Your emotions were finally starting to activate again.

"And what about the hags?"

"Excuse me?"

"You know." Jungkook shoved his hands in his pockets. "Those crooked little old crones that hobble around. In Olympus, if we ever saw a hag wandering in the parks, we had full rights to push them into the river. Those little old ladies can get nasty with their spells and tricks if not regulated."

"If you see a grandma in the park, you are certainly not to push her or 'regulate' her in any way," you stated. "Just try and act as normal as possible okay, Jungkook?"

"Fine," he mumbled at your stern tone.

By then the two of you had reached the park. It was a nice little green space. It wasn't too large. It was big enough to hold a small duck pond in the middle where children loved to throw bread to the ducks. A small grove of trees, often packed with squirrels, grew right beside a little playground.