34. My light

Akshita

"What are you thinking?" He asked kissing our entwined hands. We were sitting in the car outside my parent's place, enjoying the calm of the night.

"Life is bizarre. One moment you are happy and in the other one, you are just rendered hopeless."

He reached out to me and lovingly placed his hand on my face, "These momentary changes helps in building our character. They teach us to choose between good and bad. They are the reason you are so strong, they made you this incredible person. My person! And I am so proud of you because you chose to be a better human being and fought your demons with courage."

He is my light at the end of a dark tunnel. He is my beginning, my ending and everything in between. He knows how to give hope to people and how to make sure the light in them never fades out. He knows how to make me happy and I am glad that he knows it.

I smiled at him, not the fake 'I am good' smile but the genuine 'I am happy and everything is good in this world' smile. And he is the reason for it. He smiled back at me and his eyes crinkled at the corner, signifying the satisfaction he was feeling. I could see that light, that sparkle in his eyes which always made me want to be like him. But then he would always make me realise how important it was to be yourself. He made me realise my importance, the one I never knew I had. If there is one thing in this world I would never give up on, that would be to always keep trying to be a better person, for him.

"Shall we go inside?" I asked him.

"Not in the mood." He replied pouting.

"Do you think we could order pizza and eat it here like we did before our marriage?" I asked mischievously.

"Hmm, that is quite a brilliant idea." He said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Then let's do it," I said gleefully.

"Ok, let me order it." His instant reply made me want to jump his bones and kiss him senselessly. He never denies me anything.

He started looking out for good restaurant options while I stared at him shamelessly.

I don't know what is with this man and his chivalry. I have never in my life seen a man so passionate, chivalrous, respectful and poised, all at the same time.

"The lights are off, do you think your parents are asleep?" He asked suddenly looking at me and smirked when he caught me staring.

"Don't say anything." I shush him up before he could tease me for staring at him.

He looked amused at my behaviour, "I didn't even say a word."

"Yes but I know you were about to and I know you are laughing at me right now," I said as I saw him trying to hide his amused expressions. His lips were set in a thin line but his eyes were dancing with amusement. He even wanted to comment something to tease me.

"Ashish," I chided him.

"But I am not even saying anything." He said incredulously. I gave him a playful glare and he raised his hands in surrender.

"Ok. As for your question from before. I think my parents might be asleep by now." I said clearing my throat.

"You are so weird sometimes. But I love you so much for it." He said in a baby voice and pulled my cheeks lightly.

"I love being weird with you," I told him.

"I love it that you trust me this much to show me this side of yours." We both chuckled and waited for the delivery guy. After about half an hour, our food was delivered. The delivery guy was a middle-aged uncle who kept looking at us in suspicion as he saw us getting out of the car to receive our order. He might have got the wrong idea that we were sneaking out right under our parent's noses.