Chapter 24

"So... what exactly happened?" Sylvia's sister asked as she sat on the couch. Her legs were crossed as she stared at the older succubus curiously, with her twin sitting beside her leaned back and clearly much more relaxed.

"A murderous Necromancer tried to crash the dance by using a cleansing ritual on some students, but Isirona and Kai kicked their butts, but then Isirona got spelled and forgot who she was but ended up remembering just long enough to summon Fenrir from whatever hell hole the wolf came from and before he could turn on them Evania yelled at him to go back to hell so he disappeared and everything turned out fine." Sylvia explained, rapidly and in one breath. Even Evania was impressed with how quickly she was able to speak without pause.

The twins exchanged glances before smirking at their older sister. "So that was an eventful dance I guess." Red chuckled.

"Evania got to talk to Alice, so that was pretty cool." Sylvia shrugged. She was sitting on the arm of the armchair with Evania sitting in the actual chair itself. The vampire had been reading when the twins arrived for a quick visit, but hadn't gotten up yet so her book was still in her lap. Sylvia had been laying on the couch watching TV, but she got up when her sister's came.

"You spoke with Alice Daybreaker? What did you talk about?" Red asked, leaning forward a bit in her curiosity.

Evania shrugged before signing. "She wanted to check in and make sure I was doing okay. She feels responsible for everything her dad put me through, and wanted to make sure I didn't hate myself. She told me I could contact her for anything at all." She expected Sylvia to have to translate for her, but Red clapped with a grin and Blue just smiled softly.

"That's amazing. We unfortunately haven't met Alice yet. Lyn has, but she won't introduce me to anyone cool." Red sighed deeply.

"She's not your personal tour guide." Blue rolled her eyes.

"No, but she is mine. So I should get some benefits at least." Red retorted.

Sylvia chuckled. "So what have you two been up to?"

"Lyn and I have been exploring Exodious for the Tower. We're still studying there of course. There's a bunch of cool things we wanted to do but it's really an endless list of screwing around in different places." Red shrugged.

"Levi and I are studying ruins." Blue answered. "We crossed paths with that Lattamer you mentioned a while ago. The one accompanied by a vampire."

Sylvia visibly cringed like it was a bad memory which got Red and Blue to look at her curiously.

"Are you alright?" Red asked. "You used to be proud of that one."

Evania looked to Sylvia and saw an expression she didn't quite understand. She looked, almost ashamed?

Sylvia glanced down at her hands before looking back up at her sisters and smiling weakly, though it was clearly a fake one. "I think they spelled me. After meeting Evania I know it wasn't real, and honestly it kinda makes me feel sick."

Evania didn't know what being a succubus felt like. She didn't know what it was like to constantly want something from someone else. Something that not everyone was ready to give. But the expression on Sylvia's face was something that she certainly did know. She felt used, then left behind.

"Well then you're not going to like what they had to say a few weeks ago." Blue added as Red cringed. "Apparently the two of them are planning on coming to this school to speak with Orenda. The reason we had crossed paths so many times was because they were collecting Old World artifacts to try and find a way to get into the forgotten worlds. When they learned Orenda planned to do the same thing they offered to help her."