Chapter 21: Brothers in Arms

My sources get a little spotty from here on out, so if the koala tea of my story also gets spotty...Well, at least I have an excuse.

And I know exactly what I said.
————————————————————

(Y/N) POV

Everyone is sleeping. That's to be expected. They had a hard day today, and it'll only get harder from here. They need rest, but what I need is something to do. I can't do any vigilante stuff right now, I'm not in the city! I'm in the middle of a forest camp!

Why did I have to take a nap? Now I can't sleep! And I can't even cuddle with Izumi because the Girls and boys sleep separate!

So, as I sit here on this roof alone, all I can really do right now is play with a butterfly knife that I stole. And yes, I am admitting to stealing something. It's called character growth.

???: "So..."

I'd recognize that gravelly voice anywhere. I'm almost getting used to him being here again, but what I wanna know is-

(Y/N): "How did you get here?"

Cole: "Why aren't you asleep?"

(Y/N): "answer my question first."

Cole climbs up to the roof, sitting next to me. I stow my knife away in my jacket.

Cole: "I walked here."

(Y/N): "Really?"

Cole: "Yeah. I just got here."

(Y/N): "Well then...I can't sleep. Got some...Uh...Things on my mind."

Cole: "Like the need to be on patrol?"

(Y/N): "Since when do you have telepathy? Other than that time with the tar which I am...Still confused about."

Cole: "Does your class know what you are?"

(Y/N): "Only 3 of them, not counting the teachers."

I Readjust my beanie out of nervousness of where this conversation could be heading.

Cole: "You should tell them."

God damn it, it's heading where I thought it was.

(Y/N): "I can't, Cole. Most of these guys are rule abiding and follow the law. You know, super lame. If I were tell them that I was a vigilante, they'd probably assume the worst. Sure I'm a thief, I'll admit that much, but I'm not a murderer."

Cole: "...*Sigh*, Maybe that's why you survived the historic district and I was buried. You've only truly tried to kill one person in your entire life."

(Y/N): "Don't remind me of that. You may be back, but you're still different. After all, you did kill two guys and plant a message on their bodies."

Cole: "I was emotional."

(Y/N): "Emotions? You? That's how you know you've changed."

Cole: "Just be glad I've only been killing criminals and not innocent people."

(Y/N): "I don't really see killing criminals as too bad of an act. Still not, you know, great, but I'm not gonna try that hard to stop you. As long as you aren't batshit insane, at least..."

Cole: "I know. After all, you freed that Fetch girl after you learned what she was doing."

(Y/N): "And how do you know that?"

Cole: "Because she told me."

(Y/N): "You talked to her?"

Cole: "Yeah, In a bar. I asked about you and she told me that someone attacked the transport truck she was on and freed her. Told her to go to America. That could only be you."