Headache

*A few days later*

I refused to eat any food those people gave me. I sat against the wall on the cold floor for hours.

I rubbed the, still red, scar on my wrist from...wait...

where did I get this?

I guess I never really questioned it before.

I stopped and thought hard for an answer. All I know is that it is a part of my routine every night, without thinking, when I cuff my wrist uncomfortably to the bed. I think it was something I learned from the girls academy. I was so accustomed to doing the uncomfortable ritual, I never though to stop and think about it.

Suddenly, I felt a rush in my head. A flood of memories.

*Beginning of Memory*

They threw Natasha and I roughly into the room.

"You'll be sleeping here with the other girls." said Madame B.

The room had a bunch of beds with handcuffs as shackles. Each girl who was already in bed had the cuff tightly around their right wrist. Their arm above their heads.

"Now get to sleep. You start classes immediately follow morning."

"Yes, ma'am." Natasha and I said in unison. Each of us sounded terrified.

*End of Memory*

My head ached.

I guess I know how I got it now. But how did I forget in the first place?

And why was Natasha there?

I felt another blurry memory stirring in my brain but I couldn't make it out. My head hurt intensely and all I wanted was sleep, which I hadn't had while I've been here.

But that also made sense now. After so many years of having to sleep with a cuff, it was hard to sleep without it. Maybe that was why The Soldier looked at me so strangely the other day as we went to bed. Without thinking, I had put on the cuff that night, like always, and went to bed, ignoring his looks.

So instead of sleeping, I tried to tune out the headache and relax.

-----

I jerked upward at the sound of someone entering the general room.

I saw it was Natasha. Her green eyes and red hair made me realize a shocking discovery.

*Beginning of Memory*

"I'm scared of this place, Tashi." I quivered.

She hugged me and spoke softly, "It's okay little sis." she said, hiding her own fear. But I could still hear it in her voice.

So I tried to joke to ease us both. "Hey, only by 6 minutes!" I laughed.

"Yeah, yeah."

It was a joke we always use to have. We were twins but Natasha is older by 6 minutes. I laughed again, trying to forget the fears of the academy.

*End of Memory*

My eyes went wide.

Before she could question me any I spoke, "T-Tashi?"

I wanted to cry at the sound of the use of her childhood name.

Though being sent to the academy was the last memory I have of us being together, I was happy to see her, realizing who she was.

Something deep inside told me to be angry but I didn't know why.

"Tiana?" she gaped.

"Oh my God, how did I not see it before! I don't know what's happening. I keep getting back these memories I didn't know I had. I haven't seen you since we were dropped off at the academy."

"Dropped off at the academy? What are you talking about?"

"That's the last point I remember seeing you. I honestly don't remember a whole lot after that point, though."

"That's good. That's good. It means you're remembering again." she said. "You wouldn't lie, would you?" she asked hesitantly.

"Why would I ever?" I asked confused.

"No reason." she said quietly. She smiled. "Just try and remember as much as you can, sis."

I laughed uneasily, "I'll try."

-----

*Natasha's POV:*

"She's probably lying." said Steve.

"No, trust me, I'd know. We learned the same lying techniques in the academy. I'd know." I said.

Fury exhaled. "Why would they send her after us again?"

"I don't know." I said. "How's Bucky?" I asked Banner, who just entered the room.

"Recovering. He says he remembers just about everything but he's got a terrible headache."he answered.

"He'll push through. Always does." said Steve.

"I'm worried. The last place she remembers seeing me is at the academy when we were six." I said.

"She may just be receiving everything in different order. The way they erased her is different than Bucky. Newer tech leads to newer and weirder effects." said Banner.

"I guess so. I just hope she get's everything back."

"Wasn't she mad at you or something though?" asked Tony.

"She deserved to be and had every right to it." I said through clenched teeth.

"What did you do in the first place?" asked Steve.

I hesitated. "That's not important right now. What is is getting them back in shape."

Sorry another short chapter :/