51. Scared

The last one!

So, I have a little surprise for you all. Read the little note at the end, after you've read the chapter.
Don't go skipping to the end to see.

Hope you like it :)

***

Serena

"We're going to the zoo!" Bea yelled out, as soon I unlocked the door to Liam's place and walked in.

It felt like she'd been waiting by the door, ready to yell out those words as soon as I would arrive. But again, that wouldn't really surprise me much if it were true.

"Yes we are, baby!" I said back in equal enthusiasm, causing Bea to jump up in excitement.

After closing the door behind me and walking into the living room, I placed my things on the floor and knelt down in front of Bea.

She stepped forward and held my face in her little hands.

"I'm so excited! I told Clover and Leo, and they wanted to come too, but Daddy said they're too little and might get lost, but if we take pictures, I can show them and they'll be happy," she rambled on breathlessly.

I just smiled at her and placed my hands against her chubby little cheeks. "That's true, sweetheart. We'll take a load of pictures, so they'll feel like they came with us."

Bea jumped up. "Yay!"

"Now, do you want to finish getting ready?" I asked her, noticing she was still wearing her pyjama bottoms.

Bea frowned and looked down. When she noticed what she was wearing, she gave me a sheepish grin.

"Be right back," she said, and ran out the room.

I shook my head, a smile never leaving my face because of Bea's cute little antics.

Peeking into the kitchen, I saw Liam in there already, stirring a spoon in one of the two mugs in front of him.

Walking closer, I placed my hand on his shoulder, nuzzling up to his arm, causing him to stop stirring.

"Hey, you," I mumbled, the scent of both coffee and Liam driving me crazy.

Liam wrapped one arm around my waist and with the other, he held my cheek, tilting my head upwards, towards him.

He placed his lips on top of mine, causing me to smile into the kiss. My hand gripped his shoulder, whilst the other found its place on his waist.

Liam was pulling me closer towards him, kissing me as if he'd be deprived of them since forever, despite only seeing me yesterday.

Both of us didn't pull away until we were running out of air, and once we did, I was left in a daze.

"Hey," Liam said, his voice huskier than it probably was before.

I cleared my throat and stepped back, fixing my hair a little bit, that had become ruffled after Liam's fingers found their way into it.

Although, it wasn't like I had left his hair neatly.

"So, what did you do to Bea?" I asked, picking up my mug, and taking a little sip.

He frowned at me. "What'd you mean?"

"Liam, she's talking a mile a minute. I don't even think she breathed whilst she was talking," I told him. Then I raised a brow at him. "How much sugar did she have?" I asked.