8. sugar coated mysteries

Dumping the book she was reading on to the bed, Imani got up with a pout.. her sudden craving for a hot cup of tea is almost over powering her urge to finish up the chapter she was reading.. Only a very few on earth had the ability to break her into euphoric love and tea tops the list..

walking into the kitchen, for the millionth time for the day her eyes  fell upon the bright purple note stuck to the fridge..

" you are the rain for my ice cream devouring ambience..

and the chocolate syrup for my yummy nut cracker scoops..

You are not my habit.. nor my possession nor do u fall under my abode..

But with You every single day.. Im learning..

Learning to Love.. Learning to enjoy life a bit more..

Im sorry bubbles...

Running her eyes along the words, a ghost 'of a smile made way to her lips..

Since the unfortunate encounter.. Exchange of words between them has reduced to mere answers for the questions awakened.. She was mad at Muradh for his unreasonable sceptism.. yet the gesture sure made her heart futter..

"unreasonable huh?" her conscience glared at her.. still she chose to ignore it..

grabbing a marker from the pen stand.. she penned the words Hmmm.. beneath his lines and adorned it with a smiley face..

she was downright furious at him but the plea in his tones and eyes settled a heavy burden of guilt in her chest.. Moreover she couldn't deny that the initial steps towards making up didn't move her, cause it sure did.. nonetheless it also stirred something she expected to be long lost..

HOPE..

Muradh and his actions always kindled a tiny flick of hope in her deserted soul...

A tiny shard making her dive into waters unexplored... A tiny sliver making her feel deserved.. a feel counter arguing her adamant self that's she isn't deserted as she paints herself to be..

but every other part of her rebelled against it blowing away the tiny flame swaying deep within.. the journey she travelled till date, backing them up.. life had never treated her good, but she was too good to complain, she just let it slide.. but they made sure that she built up her walls sky high.. blocking out everything from view.. the mere idea  sure sent chills down her spine..

This is the thing with people armed against love and all things nice.. It not only protects them against heartbreak.. but brings them towars a mind set making them believe they deserve none.. and when love in its full force.. pure and ethereal attacks.. they sway.. Hurting others and themselves in the pursuit..

shaking away the dilemma throwing her into chaos.. she walked towards the counter to make herself a cup of tea.. opening the tea bag container, she frowned at the empty bottle.. no wonder that amidst all these, that she had forgotten to restock the groceries.. Making a short list on the stuffs needed on the short run.. she glanced at the clock.. almost time he came home.. she stuck a note onto the fridge door informing Muradh of her whereabouts.. and walked out..

Coming back home.. Muradh panicked seeing it empty and dark.. flicking on the lights... he walked towards the kitchen for a drink of water.. when a smaller note beside his longer one caught his attention.. " gone for groceries.. back in an hour.. " it said.. his eyes rummaged along his lengthier note and smiled at his sappy lines.. but when his eyes fell upon the neat salnting writings soelling the words.. hmm with a smiley beside it.. he jumped up and fist bumped the air laughing.. Finally many of his efforts, it was his sappy lines which seemed to have done the work..