Chapter 3 - Cherry Stems

"Ah you're back already!" Oikawa exclaimed happily as he pulled down a box of cinnamon toast crunch from the cupboard.

"Coffee line was short," Akaashi hummed, stepping into the lounge.

He glances up to the large clock overhanging the room. It's nearly time for his date of the evening.

"Weren't you-" Oikawa chokes a cough on some dry cereal, thumping his chest twice with a fist.

"Weren't you supposed to be getting food" he wheezes, angrily.

Akaashi side steps Oikawa leaning over with his hand steady against the counter, and pours a glass of water. He takes it with a hoarse thanks and gulps it down.

"I guess I was too nervous" Akaashi sighs, leaning backwards on the kitchen counter.

It feels cold on his feverish skin and he wonders if he should take off his jacket. No...he'd be getting changed soon anyway.

"Too nervous?" Oikawa repeats, taking another sip, this time with raised eyebrows.

"Have you got a new client tonight?".

"Nah, just Ren. She's a regular" Akaashi shrugs.

He pulls absentmindedly at the ends of his sleeves and Oikawa is quick to observe his fiddling.

"Oh, so are you by any chance going back to that bar with the hot stallion?" Oikawa smirks.

"We're nowhere near a horse stud farm" Akaashi deadpans.

Oikawa scoffs.
"You're being influenced by Ushikawa too much! you know what I mean, Keiji!".

"Why are you so desperate to delve into my personal life" Akaashi twists his mouth to the side.

"I'm just so glad there's Akaashi love life gossip, finally. I'm waiting with spicy armpits over here!" Oikawa clutches the glass with two hands and smiles with delight.

"Don't you already have enough Matsukawa drama. You two have been very extra today" Akaashi cocks an eyebrow.

"Yea well" Oikawa places down his glass and grabs for the cereal box again.

"There's always something about Matsukawa that makes me want to squash him like the fly he is".

He pops a few cereal pieces in his mouth and crunches with a moan of glee.

"And yet you can't live without him" Akaashi teases, lips ticking up in a teasing grin.

"And yet I can't live without him" Oikawa sighs.

"Love that bastard to pieces...but don't you ever tell him that" he points at Akaashi accusingly.

Suddenly there was the faint sound of a door slamming and Akaashis head swivelled to peer out the large glass panels making up half of the room.

Outside of the building and parked on the curb was a limousine.

It's jet black exterior gleamed expensive, and it screamed 'looked at me!'.

"Oh my god that's Iwa-chan" Oikawa slammed down the box of toast crunch and began hastily sweeping crumbs off the front of his shirt.

Akaashi only just now surveyed Oikawas appearance.

He was looking extra good tonight, fancy suit and tie, his glasses topping off the classy but hot nerd look.

He then realized Oikawa also seemed to be scrutinizing Akaashis own outfit.

Admittedly he had been too lazy to change from his bookstore lunch with Yua only hours previously, and was just waiting away the time to change into his next date outfit.