33

A few weeks passed, and the rumor began to die down.

Nothing had happened so far, but Hyun Ae kept herself on alert mode. Not to make the others worried about her as it bothered her too.

After placing a cute chocolate tart, finished with chocolate shaves, she picked up the ceramic plate, placing it onto the serving tray with a dessert spoon on a single napkin. Then she made her way to the corner of her café, where someone was busy with his pencil and notepad.

"Hi," she whispered, loud enough for him alone to hear the call.

"Oh, hey Hyun Ae," Namjoon smiled, inviting her to take the seat across from him. She chuckled as she took the seat, slowly placing down the tray on the table in front of her.

"So... How's work?" she began to ask.

"Improved. Ever since you let me hang around here, it helps me day by day."

"I'm happy to hear that. So..."

She picked up the dessert and the spoon from the tray, and then placed the tray on the other table next to her. She slid the dessert towards him with a smile.

"It's on me. I made this myself and there's only one of this today, so you must accept it."

"Well, thank you," Namjoon softly laughed, as he took the spoon and cut a small piece of the tart.

"How is it? Is it okay?" she asked with anticipation.

"Are you kidding me? This is amazing!" he laughed, taking another scoop as he asked. "How are you doing these days?"

"Fine. Happy. Excited. The proposal got approved, so this café is in the process of upgrading to the next level."

"Oh, so you're really turning it into a restaurant?"

"Yeah. Not a really big one. Just... a small one. Since this isn't really a big place, to start with."

"Well, you can look for a bigger one."

"I'm not sure where I would find it."

"I'll help you," Namjoon offered, taking another bite of the dessert. "Maybe you can try a location where tourists always visit. Aside from here, maybe in Dongdaemun, or Mapo. Or Hongdae."

"You're right. I'll check around those areas," Hyun Ae nodded her head in agreement with her hand on her chin, thinking.

After a short moment, she looked back at Namjoon, who was watching her with eyes full of worry. "What?"

"Are you okay, with all this... stuff that had happened to you? These sasaengs plotting to look for you?"

"What do you mean? I'm fine with all of it. Plus, those sasaengs are just like 1 out of 100. And ARMYs always take care of each other, you should know that."

"I was just... You're a different kind of ARMY than the others, YOU should know that" he pointed out, looking down at the half-eaten dessert. "Maybe one day, you get sick of all of these and then eventually avoid us-"

"Hyun noona!" A voice called out to Hyun Ae, getting her attention.

"Oh um... Hyun Wook's calling me. Sorry, I'll be right back," Hyun Ae excused herself, as she quickly stood up and grabbed the tray as kept on bowing her head to him.

"It's okay, just go," he smiled, giving her little nods before she left him behind.

These feelings... Does it even exist? Namjoon thought to himself and continued to write quick notes in his book.

Hyun Ae stomped her feet against the wooden flooring as she made her way to the front counter, where Hyun Wook was.

"What is it?!" she whispered through her gritted teeth, clearly mad with her brother.