Chapter Eighteen

'Assassination'

"I can't believe we did this to Hadrian!" Sirius wailed, burying his face into Moony's shoulder as the werewolf held him.

"The boy was probably lying! The Dursleys are good people." James argued, still refusing to believe he did anything wrong.

"But James! You've seen how Petunia treated me! She was horrible. Oh, how could we send Harry to them. Vernon is even worse! And, and he was right. We should have known what was going on!" Lily cried as Tonks comforted her. The Order was split on their decision over Hadrian. James, Evan, Ron, Molly, Kingsley, Moody and Dumbledore all agreed that Hadrian was lying. However, the others were firmly against that idea and were mostly in tears at what they'd done.

"Sirius, I believe it is best that Harry doesn't hold heirship of the Black family. He could easily use your family's power for evil." Dumbledore added, speaking directly to Sirius, in his usual grandfatherly voice.

"How dare you say that about my godson!" Sirius barked, practically growling as he jumped out of Remus' arms to defend Hadrian.

"Sirius! He's dark! Probably working with You-know-who to manipulate you!" Molly retaliated. The Weasley matriarch had always thought that Hadrian Potter was dark. From the moment she met him, but now it was more important than ever. She had noticed Ginny's infatuation with him and simply couldn't allow it. As the debate continued, Fred and George had gathered in the corner.

"Freddie, mum's got a point. Not about the evil stuff, but the You-know-who stuff." George whispered to his twin, keeping his eyes on the larger groups as he did.

"Remember when he came out of the shower. He was hiding his arm!"

"Which obviously had the Dark Mark!" The two whispered, sharing various theories and plans about Hadrian Black.

***

Hades stalked across the room, watching the pathetic Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, squirm in his chair. The man had been easy to detain. And despite his attempt at confidence, it was obvious he was scared.

"Now, Minister. I'm sure we need no introductions. I've been sent to kill you by the Dark Lord, but I need to take out a bit of anger," the assassin smirked sadistically.

"S-stop this at once! I am the Minister! Y-you can't do this!" The man tried to protest as Hades carefully pulled out his signature knife. The assassin walked closer to the Minister, his bright green eyes gleaming with insanity.

The dagger was bought down harshly into the man's shoulder with no warning. A yell of agony erupted from the Minister as blood began pouring down his chest.

"You know, I've had a really bad day." Hadrian snarled, his knuckles turning white as he gripped the knife.

"Saint Dursleys! How nice they were!" He mocked, dragging the knife down Fudge's chest. The man screamed again, his face distorting in pain and fear. Hadrian almost let out a sigh of pleasure at the pure fear and pain that radiated off of the man. How he enjoyed watching the 'mighty' fall.

"I- I don't know who t-they are!" The Minister screeched, tears welling up in his eyes. Hadrian simply shook his head, smirking at the fool. He roughly pulled the knife out of the man's flesh before beginning to carve intricate patterns onto his skin.

"Of course, you wouldn't know the disgusting muggles. But you would know me," Hadrian revealed. Hades took a step backwards, juggling his knife as an amused look painted his face. At this notion, Fudge's eyes widened in shock.

The assassin was someone he knew. Meaning it was most definitely an influential family. An ancient and noble house. The Malfoys, perhaps. But he didn't have the hair. Malfoys had luxurious blonde locks, whilst the assassin had pure bone white hair. As if sensing these thoughts, Hadrian let out a cold laugh.

"Wrong side, Cornelius." He chuckled, his eyes brimming with insanity.

The Minister of magic seemed even more shocked, if possible. A traitor? A family on the light side had crossed over to Voldemort. Still going by his previous thoughts, Hades could be a Longbottom or Potter, after he'd narrowed it down. The young Longbottom boy was the only possible candidate from that family. James Potter was too old. The Potter son-

Suddenly, it struck the Minister like lightning. The Potter sons. They had recently found Harry Potter. The boy had been missing for almost 5 or was it 6, maybe more, years. This boy then appeared, out of nowhere, as Hadrian Black.

"Ha-P-Potter?" The Minister stuttered out.

"Well done, Minister." Hades mock applauded, carefully lifting his mask to reveal his full face. A cruel smirk was present on his face as he crouched down in front of Fudge.

"Unfortunately, you won't live to tell," with those words, Hadrian plunged the knife into Fudge's neck, brutally dragging it across his throat. Blood splattered onto Hades' face and clothes as the man agonisingly died.

***

"My Lord, it is done," Hadrian announced, bowing down before Voldemort. Voldemort's cold red eyes gazed at him from his chair. The Death Eaters within the meeting stared at him, some in awe, some in envy.

"I do not question your skill, assassin, however, I do require proof." The man hissed. Hadrian's face quickly turned to that of amusement, as he summoned his proof. The head of Cornelius Fudge, held by it's hair, appeared in his hand. Blood still dripping from the severed neck, splashing the wooden floors of Malfoy Manor and hitting Hadrian's boots. The beautiful red of blood, that currently stained Hadrian's face and clothing, had formed a puddle around Hadrian.

"I hope this is proof enough, my Lord." Hadrian hissed in response, his voice diverting to parseltounge. Recieving many gasps from those unknowing Death Eaters.

"Very good," Tom Riddle replied, also speaking the language of the snakes. His eyes trailing up Hadrian's body, from his blood covered boots to his bone white hair, allowing a faint pain to errupt from Hadrian's Dark Mark.

***

"I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity."