The Walk

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 4

"Is everyone ready?" I hear Jack shouting from downstairs as I run a hand threw my hair and check my visual in the mirror.

I finished my shower like 30 minutes ago and already changed into some clothes. I'm wearing a loose high waist jeans that reaches down to my ankles, a wide shirt that has a color kind of mixed out of pink and orange and the sturdiest shoes I have with me. Which is a pair of sneakers.

I like to have my hair open because I feel like my face looks a lot better when a third isn't shown but I guess I'll put it in a ponytail later anyway. I hope it ain't gonna be that hot though. I love summer but I sweat way too easily.

"Lily, are you finished? They're waiting." I ask when I leave our bathroom and grab my phone from my bedsheets. I look up when she only hums in response. She's sitting in front of a mirror and tries to get her hair out of her face. She's got pretty short hair at the moment so it's kinda difficult to put in a bun or ponytail. She has a hair clasp in her mouth while using the other ones to control her uncontrollable hair. I giggle when she grumbles in annoyance.

We then leave our room and head downstairs, seeing the other three already waiting for us. "What took you so long?" Jack sighs and puts his phone back into his pants pockets. "We're girls we're allowed to be late." I argue as we all leave the house.

"Do you have some sort of route?" I ask Johnny who's fiddling on his phone. He wears light blue jeans and a grey shirt above. He also wears dark sunglasses with which I'm surprised he can barely see anything. It suiting him well though.

"Some sort of, yes." he answers and looks around us before pointing somewhere in the nowhere. "Oh man we'll become lost." Lily sighs.

Vanessa laughs while shaking her head and walks with Johnny towards the direction he just pointed at. There ain't much we could do so the three of us just followed them, scared but curious too.

I feel like Johnny only wanted to joke around when he looked that confused. I mean, he wouldn't lead us anywhere dangerous would he? I hope he doesn't.

"I'm already tired." Jack hums only after a couple of minutes and sighs deeply. "Want me to wake you up? c'mere you can carry me for the rest of the day." I say and lay both of my hands on his shoulders as I try to climb on his back.

"Ya, getcha ass off of me!" Jack calls out and shakes, causing me to plumb back on my feet. I giggle and stretch out my tongue as he glares at me.
Tired Jack is always sort of moody.

It's already something around 2 pm so the sun must be at its highest level right now. I'm glad the trees above are giving us enough shadow to not burn up, but still, it's getting hella hot. And walking definitely does not make it better.

We realized that we basically ran around in a circle for the last 2 hours which got most of us pretty annoyed, especially Jack, but I didn't care that much. The island honestly is extremely beautiful with its nature.

Not that we are able to see the sky but I'm sure there's not one white cloud. The trees form something close to a ceiling above us with their bright green leaves, only letting a few sunbeams through it. I gave up on wearing shoes since the sand got anywhere and everywhere so I just walked barefoot.

We end up finding the lake anyway and sit down for a little rest break. I take out my bottle of water to take a few sips and lean my head back as I breathe in the warm yet fresh air. I smile and rub my fingers over my forehead, not wanting it to glisten. 'A beautiful place.' I think.