20th ♕

20th

Bridge,

Helloooo

This sounds excessively formal, but it still turned out that I couldn't tell you in person. On your behalf, I'd try to use proper everything. I mean, I'm really fond of small caps for some reason. I have the tendency... inclination... invitation...or yeah, I tend to do that all the time.

So I kind of used these expensive looking papers I had found on your desk while waiting for you to come out of your meeting with the others. You know, the ones working in the palace, who also dresses almost the same way as you do. Black everything. Only that they sometimes wear skirts and you hate it and stick to slacks.

And yes, your extra fountain pen. I'm also using that. I'm kind of asking for permission while writing this. There are no other plain papers or pens on your desk, so I'm really sorry if this paper will turn out to be an all-exclusive paper for important things and the fountain pen to have an ink that costs more than my life. I only took two pieces of paper, and I'm telling you that just in case you're counting the exclusive papers them. I promise to conserve the ink of your pen to a certain degree, because I keep on blabbing away my nervousness. Sorry.

And the meeting's taking a long time (and I'm trying not to think on a paranoidal level that it's about me... for now), so here I am scribbling this very important news, before Jack will drive me home. I heard from the one who got out of the meeting room to go to the bathroom that you guys weren't even half done with the agendas. You gave me a weekend off. Just a quick note and to let you know why I'm in a hurry. Okay, I'm not. Blunt truth: thinking of telling you this is frightening me enough to piss my pants (or dress, 'cause there's Lenora and Co. And yup, I'm wearing this white lace kind of dress since this morning and it's itchy.). But don't worry, I'm not pissing on your leather chair right now. Or Lenora's dress. I swear. If you find a piss here, ask Jack about that cat loitering around the palace and doing supernatural acrobatics to get in and out upon will.

I'm also going to give this note to Jack to pass to you later. Yes, Jack knows. And Art. You're the third one to know, and I'm not going to count after that.

Please do not freak out. Take a deep breath first. This is huge. You will hate me. Okay, here goes. Bridge, I have a weird family. It was not as simple as I'd told everyone before. Like Mom and Dad and me simple. I have a different biological mother. She's not the one I'd put on the form. But she's my legal mother.... the one on the form.

Everything's only partially true. I was embarrassed at how I'd sound, so I didn't mention this at first. I really wanted this job. Like, badly. I didn't want to make a big deal out of my life before, since I thought it would only be temporary anyway. If it's up to me, I never wanted to let the public know about this side of my life. It's not pretty and I'm kind of ashamed of who I am and the story behind my life.

I just wanted to keep these things to myself and have a job for a while. I just never thought of the people who would get close to me along the way. In the end, it was really selfish and cowardly of me, but I only did it to survive. Sometimes, it takes a bit of those in order to do so. Still, somehow, even if it's a little bit late, I want to start making things right.

A quick breakdown of my origin/family tree:

A. Biological Mother + Dad = Me

B. Biological Mother met Roger (stepdad, sort of) = marriage = twins (my half-brothers)

C. Dad got me back from Biological Mother and then he met Hannah (legal awesome mom now) = marriage = my current family

Okay, that's the summary for now. I will explain everything to you in details, but I really have to be home by ten thirty this morning. Because guess what? We'd, as in all these complicated people, all have lunch together (minus Roger). Yup, in a few hours.