Chapter 3

They fall about three hundred feet before the tilt of the ship catches up with them, and they hit the side of the shaft and slide at great speed just ahead of the elevator. The shaft continues to rotate until it is completely horizontal.....

Anakin and Obi Wan quickly take out and throw grappling hooks. The hooks catch and they continue to fall. All the doors in the elevator shaft open, Anakin wrapped his arm around Alia... While Obi Wan grabbed The Chancellor. The group swing through the open door into a hallway.... The elevator roars by.

Alia, Anakin, Obi Wan and Chancellor fly through the elevator door and land.

"Let's see if we can find something in the hangar bay that's still flyable. Come on." Obi Wan ordered.

"R2, get down here. R2, do you copy?" Anakin replied... he started to worry.

Alia and Anakin lead Obi Wan and The Chancellor down a hallway toward the hangar bay.

It is extremely windy as bits and pieces are continually sucked through space...The hangar bay doors closed, but great stressed are being exerted as the ship twist, re-entering the atmosphere of Coruscant. They stop in a doorway leading into the hangar bay.

"None of those ships will get us anywhere," Alia said.

"I agree," Anakin replied...

"What are we going to do?" The Chancellor questioned.

"I don't know," Alia and Anakin said... they both smiled at one another, then turned towards Obi Wan.

"Don't look at me. I don't know either," Obi Wan replied with a confused look... while shrugging his shoulders.

Anakin's Fighter has been sucked out of the hangar bay and was totaled...

Suddenly, the ship turns on its side.

Anakin hands The Chancellor the end of a cable that is attached to his utility belt. The Chancellor quickly attaches it around his waist. Alia, Anakin and Obi Wan throw their utility cables to some pipes in the ceiling and swing to the second set of pipes.

Alia grabs onto the pipes that run along what was the ceiling and is now the wall. As she moves out into the hangar, Two Super Battle Droids start firing at her. She quickly ignites her lightsaber and the deflects the bolts back at the Droids, blowing them up.

Obi Wan, Anakin and The Chancellor follow Alia along the pipes running along the ceiling of the hangar. The Chancellor struggled against the escaping air of pressurized hangar.

The Chancellor loses his grip as the pipe breaks, causing a rush of steam, but Anakin manages to maintain his grasp on the pipe as The Chancellor dangles on the other end of the utility cable. They are surrounded by sparks and explosions as the ship twists and tries to break apart. Anakin moves out of the steam and struggles to pull The Chancellor back to safety, Anakin is almost pulled loose in the buffeting winds.

The ceiling behind them buckle, causing pipes to break, creating geysers of steam.... Some bits of pipe go hurling into the blast doors and out into space, they make it through a hangar doorway and close it behind them.

Alia, Anakin, Obi Wan and The Chancellor are out of breath.

"Well, that was close," Alia and Anakin said at the same time...

They both laughed.